“Food ok.. Service ok”

Mulberrys Restaurant & Grill
Ranked #14 of 183 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: African, European, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Steaks predominate with South African specialities adding an exotic touch to the menu. Here at Mulberrys we pride ourselves on the basic philosophy of Provenance. To us this means authenticity, assurance and rigorous attention to obtain the finest quality ingredients at source. This dedication ensures that every time you visit us, you experience the true essence of South African life. Its food, its wine, its culture and importantly its passion!
South Devon, United Kingdom
“Food ok.. Service ok”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ive been to Mulberry's a few times with friends for lunch and one evening meal. Though I would say its probably one of the better restaurants in Yeovil but that's not difficult considering the state of the town !! The staff are attentive, to a degree, though at times you would think you were at a wake rather than a dining experience.. One occasion we were having lunch ( or were going to ) till my friend became a little unwell and decided he didn't want to eat. The owner came over on a couple of occasions with the menu but on the second, when it was decided we were not going to eat, he stomped off in such a huff and with a face like Mrs Bouquet, threw the menus on the counter and stomped off behind the bar. Lovely !! I must admit the steaks are nice with a good char grill taste and presented nicely but £18.50 for an 8oz sirloin ? come on, I can go to loaders next door and pick one up twice the weight for around £ 5.50 take it home and cook just as nice tasting piece of meat ! I know they have to make a living but that price is horrendous.. Dining experience ? nil

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Binfield, Berks
“Great food after a long day cycling”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This ticked all the boxes for us we were staying round the corner at The Keep and had spent the day cycling in the Tour Of Wessex. So we just ate and ate have to recommend the south african dish where it talks about egg custard it was great. My friend had the steak and it was done just as he wanted.

One thing we did have to book and the only space was early on, so make sure you can get in because several people were turned away.

Visited May 2013
aussie un uk
“Little Gem”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This restaurant is in Union St, just off Middle St (which is the main shopping street) and is easy to miss if you don't know the area but it is probably the best restaurant in Yeovil. The staff are
friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food is excellent, with a very good lunch menu which is very reasonably priced. The evening menu is the same with all the dishes being of fabulous quality. The wine list although not huge caters for everyone ,and again is reasonably priced. If you visit Yeovil or you live nearby then you owe it to yourself to dine here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
London
“really worth visiting”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My stepdaughter treated my wife and I to an evening here , it was a very enjoyable evening , the food was excellent as was the service and atmosphere .

• Visited June 2013
Chard, England, United Kingdom
“One of my best meals ever...”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I took my wife to Mulberry's for our anniversary lunch, the first time we have been to the restaurant, and as I said to the chef, had the best meal I have eaten all year.
The staff are attentive and friendly, the atmosphere in the restaurant is very relaxed, but the quality of the cooking and the variety in the menu is fantastic.
I had the Oven Roasted Duck Breast with Poached Pear, Parsnip and Vanilla Puree, Port Wine Gravy and Market Vegetables and the combination of flavours was exceptional. I eat at a number of top notch restaurants in London (many of them michelin starred), but I cannot remember enjoying a single dish as much as I did this one. I would also say that the side order of chips my wife ordered were exceptional and stayed hot throughout our meal.
I would happily recommend Mulberry's to anyone and will be going again myself as soon as I can.

• Visited April 2013