“Perfection”

Ranked #14 of 193 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Here at Mulberrys we pride ourselves on the basic philosophy of Provenance. To us this means authenticity, assurance and rigorous attention to obtain the finest quality ingredients at source. This dedication ensures that every time you visit us, you experience the true essence of our passion for food.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our first visit to this establishment was Mother's Day where we had the 3 course set menu.

The boerewors (made by the chef himself) starter was brilliant, authentic and very tasty.
The Sprinbok steak was delicious, perfectly cooked and with the hand cut chips and grilled mushrooms a wonderful dish.
I had the creme brûlée which was delicious but my wife had the Malva pudding ( a traditional South African dessert) which was out of this world...very authentic and I will certainly order it on our return....which will be very soon.

1  Thank Saffa1234

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. Firstly the service was superb. My boyfriend simply asked whether there were any gluten-free sauces for the steak, since he is gluten-free by choice, and they were thoughtful enough to keep this in mind throughout the meal without us mentioning it again; they brought out some gluten-free bread for him to taste whilst I had my garlic bread, and remembered not to put the wafer in his icecream at the end. The staff were polite and always ready on hand for anything else we asked for.

This was actually my second trip in a very short space of time, and the food both times has been excellent. I had the duck breast the first time, wonderfully cooked with a combination of great flavours. Then yesterday I had the Saturday Lunchtime £12.50 menu for which I got a piece of garlic bread, a lovely glass of house white wine, and a sirloin steak with chips and salad. The steak was cooked exactly as I had asked it to be and tasted wonderful. My boyfriend had the ostrich steak and he is extremely keen to return for more. The menu caters very well to those who enjoy eating interesting, different meats as well as those who just like their ordinary beef steak!

I've lived in Yeovil all my life and only discovered this place very recently, and I'm sure it will become a regular. Wonderful service, great food and excellent value for money.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Down in Yeovil with the company, half a dozen of us went out for a meal, and Mulberrys Bistro did not disappoint. From the very fresh, crisp, slightly oily bread as we waited, through a variety of beautifully cooked and presented steaks, beef, ostrich, others on the menu... To be honest we were hard pressed to order desert. The wine list was good and the coffees fresh and made from fair trade ground. The bistro is clean and attractive.y decorated in understate pale greens and browns. The staff were friendly, worked well together and didn't mind if we took our time. Yeovil isn't a regular stop for me, but I'll certainly be back next time I'm back...

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food was excellent, the service was attentive but not over the top. The steaks are locally sourced and cooked to perfection. We couldn't fault it and would definitely recommend it to anyone and would return if we stayed in Yeovil again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Beautiful food, something for everyone. I had belly pork, delicious, melted in the mouth. My husband had the Boerewors. We both opted for the Bobotie for main. Superb presentation, would never have thought that Bobotie or Boerewors could look so elegant or taste so good. So good that we returned the following night to sample the goats cheese tart with baby figs, leek and potato soup, duck breast with pears & parsnips, and a home made burger. The "market veg" was lovely. I ordered a side order of chips. Yes I know it was piggy but my husband helped me out. The chips were crisp and fluffy. Again neither presentation or taste could be faulted.

Sadly we were too full for pud or even coffee. This shall have to wait for another day.

The service was really good neither rushed nor slow, attentive without being intrusive. There was a really good atmosphere. A lovely "buzz" of people enjoying themselves, but also calm and relaxed.

1  Thank Gina A