“Fantastic night out”

The Octagon Theatre
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Yeovil
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Octagon Theatre is Somerset's Premier Arts & Entertainment Venue presenting top quality entertainent and huge names right on your doorstep!
Somerset, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fantastic night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The Octagon Theatre is a lovely small intimate theatre. The stage view is good wherever you sit as there aren't any pillars to obscure the view, even the edge seating is quite good. We have seen many well known comedians, Ed Byrne, Ed Hall & Adam Hills to name a few, also Joe Brown & the Manfreds & we've booked Jasper Carrott & Al Murray, all at a fraction of the price of London ticket prices. The theatre put on many shows by local theatre & dance groups & hold a summer school for children with a performance at the end.
We haven't eaten in the theatre as we are local so can't comment. We have ordered drinks for the interval but found that they were warm when we got them so prefer to get to the bar asap to buy drinks.
We thoroughly enjoy our evening. If there was a down point it would be the long queues for the Ladies toilets. Perhaps some upstairs would help solve the problem.

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Postman Pat Live”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Brilliant show for the little people and adults too. Great audience participation and very family friendly. Looking forward to seeing The Gruffalo in May.

Visited October 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An good evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lovely theatre not far from our B&B so we were able to walk to it enabling us to have a drink before and after the show! Always a plus!!

Visited April 2014
Sherborne, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tap Factory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went to see Tap Factory at the Octagon and were absolutely amazed. Their performance is so enthralling, they have a bit of humor in the show and a lot of talent. If you ever get the chance to see them then do so, you will be glad you did, there is a lot of drumming and a fair bit of tap dancing all performed very professionally. Loved it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank J0hn949
Somerset, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Disabled friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have visited this small but lovely establishment on many occasions to watch different shows. Firstly when attending to watch a show I always find it quite disabled friendly to access the theatre, from the disabled toilets downstairs to the lift in the foyer for the upper seating, restaurant and bar. My main criticism is the seats feel very snug and uncomfortable, but I am on the larger side so not really the theatre's fault. Also I feel it would be beneficial if they have a disabled toilet upstairs too as I quite often like to sit near the back of the theatre and it can be difficult to manage going backwards and forwards. Again, this being my issue not the theatre's.

I have eaten here on a few occasions but didn't really rate the food much to be honest, I felt the quality & quantity didn't really match the price or the venue, very over priced, but that is to be expected in a theatre I guess. This hasn't really had an impact on me attending the venue again, the shows & location of the theatre are very much suited to my needs.

The staff are always friendly and helpful which makes the experience more enjoyable and the variety of different shows on offer are always fantastic. A very good all round venue that could do with some small improvements for me to rate it a five star.

Visited March 2014