“Thank you!”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Reading, United Kingdom
“Thank you!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the staff at the Manor Hotel!

Following a recent stay at the hotel which was made all the better by the high standard of service and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. The hotel itself mirrors the staff and is warm and inviting. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family and look forward to the next time we are in the area as will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are pleased to hear that you find the hotel and the team to be warm and inviting and do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards
Damian & Roger, General Manager’s

Damian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the manor hotel for a friends wedding and it was amazing!!
The staff where so friendly and helpful and handled the wedding with such class and professionalism.

We stayed on the ground floor for the old stable block in a twin and from reading the reviews on here, I was a little concerned with comments like hearing everything from above and the size of the room, so I was pleasantly surprised that we heard very few foot steps and the room was a lovely size.....I do believe after staying at the manor that people forget that it is an OLD BUILDING and you will hear other people.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful few days and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Whenever I visit the Manor I always find the management and staff helpful and friendly even when they are really busy. The Manor is very popular for Weddings and you should take this into consideration when booking a room for an overnight stay. Really is a change to visit somewhere where the staff seem to enjoy working!

Room Tip: Check if there is a Wedding on.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are pleased to hear that you find the whole team to be friendly and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After attending the reopening of the Manor Hotel my partner and I decided to stay on and try out one of their lunches. All the staff where walking around with real smiles and their body language said they where enjoying their work. The service in the restaurant was wonderful, The décor was relaxing and extremely pleasant. Our meal arrived within good time and was well presented and served. The food was hot, very nicely cooked and tasted great. We enjoyed it that much we had no hesitation taking friends along for a meal and recommending it to others. My step daughter even chose the Manor Hotel for her wedding reception knowing that the service and food would not let her down. We have since held important functions there ourselves inviting some very influential people along knowing we could trust the staff to cater for our requirments. This is now the only place in Yeovil I would go for a meal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for your kind words.

Your comments really do mean a lot to the entire team and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards Damian & Roger, General Manager’s
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A very pleasant stay, the staff being personable, friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable enough although only four coathangars gave a little problem and downward sloping shelf in the bathroom had our toiletries crashing all over the place. Just minor irritations though that did not impair our stay.
The restaurant was good. Enthusiastic staff with well cooked food at reasonable prices.
The staff seemed to cope well with a wedding reception without forgetting the needs of other guests.
We would definately return in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a very pleasant stay and found the team to be friendly and efficient.

We are sorry that the bathroom shelf was sloping and have now fixed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Manor very soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Double room in annex. Had to either walk across car park to main building or via first floor bridge. Neither convenient for disabled wife. Room really tiny. Had to leave wheelchair in car. Only one bedside cabinet, as room was not wide enough for two. Only one single wardrobe, and only two drawers in room. Only 5 hangers. Asked reception for more, said they did not have any. Bathroom really tiny. Bath filled length. Depth less than length of towel (I checked). Room not particularly clean (found key card of guest who stayed four nights previously in room) Bed not made or room serviced when we returned second night at 7pm. I tried ringing reception regarding thison internal phone but got no answer. I tried ringing the hotels outside number from my mobile and got a recorded message saying that if I left my name and number someone would call me back within 30 minutes. I went to reception but no staff were there just a message to contact them by phone! Reception adjoins the bar and there were loads of unruly kids running round and round the area. I phoned head office (Greene King). They phoned me back and said they could not contact hotel either! Suggested I went to bar and asked for duty manager. I did and message came back “what did I want as she was busy!” I said when she saw me I would tell her but head office were ringing me back again in 5 minutes. When Duty Manager came said she would get room serviced but made it sound as if she were doing me a real favour. Said that there were bigger rooms but these were in main house so not recommended because of noise from functions. Head office wrote apologising subsequently. Only offer of compensation offered was upgrade if I stayed again – given what duty manager said about noisy functions will not take up that offer!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkCunard
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Further to our letter that was sent directly to yourselves we are sorry that The Manor failed to meet your requirements.

The Manor is an 18th Century building and we do have limited disabled access. We do have ground floor rooms in the Old Stables, although these are not described as disabled rooms.

With regards to your room not being serviced then it is regrettable that a ‘Still Sleeping’ Sign was left on your door. Our Housekeeping team do go back to rooms before they finish for the day to check if this is still the case and on this occasion it was.

When you spoke to the Duty Manager then she arranged for a team member to service the room as soon as it was possible to do so.

The Manor is a busy venue for Weddings and other functions and it is regrettable that on the date in question the cordless telephone had run out of batteries and this had not been noticed. We are sorry to hear that this caused an inconvenience during your stay.

Kind Regards, Damian & Roger, General Manager’s

Travelers are raving about these Yeovil hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Attending Yeovil on a training course and my company put me in this hotel.Booked into my room the first evening room very basic but clean went to go down to eat only to be told that the restaurant was reserved for a coach party, had to eat in the bar area the first night I ordered the Steak & Ale Pie well the pastry was so hard it had clearly been warmed up I went to bed Hungry.Next morning at B/fast restaurant still reserved for the coach party so had to eat in the top part only, found out the party were there all week At the end of the 2nd day returned to room and went down to eat At 2000hrs decided to have Hunters Chicken The nearest it got to that was the fact it was Chicken terrible the chips with it was burnt and nothing on the chicken.The 3 rd night was curry night to be fair I was able to eat and it tasted good.Next morning went to shower but no hot water so it was a cold one. went down to B/fast to find nothing set out and staff running late. My company payed good money to this Hotel so that we were comfortable whilst away from home this to me was a nightmare. needless to say a report will be going in to our office maybe it will stop anyone else from our company from staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pompeypaul190551
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you found your stay at The Manor to be a ‘nightmare’.

During your stay then we did also have a coach party staying which we reserved a number of tables in the Restaurant for. There were however still tables in the Restaurant to be booked. It is regrettable that on your first night the tables had already been booked. We do also have a Conservatory which is part of the Bar and this area serves the same menu as the Restaurant.

With regards to the food then we can only apologise for what you describe, if this had been brought to our attention at the time then we could have rectified this as this is not the standard of hospitality that we set ourselves.

On your last morning then there was a problem with one of the water boilers which is what the Breakfast team members were dealing with. We are sorry if it appeared that they were running late but we can assure you that this was not the case.

We have many business guests that use The Manor and we always aim to give a home from home experience and we are sorry that on this occasion you did not feel this.