“Friendly, relaxed Italian flats.”
Review of Pico - CLOSED

Pico
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An informal, relaxed and friendly BYO restaurant serving Italian Flats - like pizza but thinner and crispier, pasta, salads etc. The tables are all chalkboards, with chalk provided, and therefore Pico is ideal for keeping youngsters and the big kids entertained! It is available for private hire any day or evening, hen parties, stag parties or just any party!!, Subject to availability, and can also be booked for children's parties.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The owners and staff here are amongst the friendliest and most welcoming I've met. Their concept of asking for a small cover charge, for which you get appetising snacks to start and soft drinks throughout your meal is great. Together with being allowed to bring your own alcohol means you can have as much or as little as you like without paying over inflated prices for drinks. Their food is fantastic and also very reasonably priced. The antipasti platter and bruschettas were huge and the Italian flat mains are like a pizza but with an incredibly fine crispy base and tons of toppings. Both times we've been too satisfied and full to even try their desserts. The staff are willing to take any special requests and they make you feel like you can stay all night with their unhurried yet still attentive service.

With such laid back, personal service and reasonably-priced good-quality food, without charging through the nose for drinks or rushing people through the restaurant I can't see how they make a living, but I'm glad they do because I can see this becoming one of my favourite places to dine out. This concept is one that many other restaurants should try out.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed our evening out. It was good to go somewhere different, and bringing your own drink makes it a cheaper evening out. All the staff were really friendly, and the food was good quality, if not a huge choice. The atmosphere did get loud as the evening wore on, so just be aware of that if you find noise difficult to put up with. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been here twice and both times I was greeted by the owner who is very friendly. The menu is a great selection and only a £2.50 charge to bring your own drink. The food is very filling and great value. Will definitely be back again for a 3rd, 4th and 5th visit!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pico is a relaxing, bring your own booze restaurant tucked away in Princes Street. We ate here as part of a small group on a busy Saturday night. Really friendly staff who made the whole experience very pleasant. Enjoyed some nibbles whilst ordering. All had a lovely, stone-baked pizza with some really original toppings-most importantly served with cutlery AND a pizza cutter, unlike some pizza chains nearby who offer you a blunt knife! They were also able to accommodate a gluten free member of our party. The only element stopping it from a 5 star rating was the acoustics. We shared the space with a very loud party and the nature of the room meant hearing each other was very difficult-but I am sure this isn't such a problem on a quieter night! Will definitely go back soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Love the fact we have something a little bit different in Yeovil now in the form of a BYO restaurant.
We came here for my birthday and as a lively bunch of 16 we were welcomed and served promptly and in a friendly manner.
The food is basic, with a short concise menu, but should please everyone, and is very fairly priced. I had lasagne which was scrumptious (an awful lot of cheese on top though!), and most of our party had the pizzas, all super thin bases, my favourite.
To start we had the baked Camembert which we were advised was a sharer for two, and it was delicious and HUGE! Will know next time that it could go three or even four ways if you want to squeeze a dessert in.
We didn't get to sample desserts as a surprise birthday cake was brought. Felt a bit guilty as that meant the whole party sat an ate cake instead of pud, but it was handled very well by the staff.
We plan to go again, but not such a large group. The place dies get very loud, but this is probably down to everyone getting merry for cheap on their own booze.
The only slight gripes were that I looked on tripadvisor, PICO's website (not really a website!) and on their Facebook page before calling to book the table. None of these mentioned the corkage price, not even the friendly informative guy on the phone. As it is £2.50 per head worked out ok, but was a bit disappointed as didn't know to expect it until we were seated and given our menus.
The only thing is that we were told our drinks could be chilled while we ate, I assume this is what the array of ice buckets open the way to the loo were for, but we weren't offered a single one.
Oh and the loo... Just one toilet, unisex, on a busy Saturday night = queues!!
On the whole, a great experience though, and fab value.