All reviews pizza hut biscuits double room car park across the road comfortable bed rooms are clean central location reception staff would definitely stay here again lovely hotel small hotel town centre premier inn cinema gym ensuite beefeater
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

There was no hot water in our room to begin with but eventually it started to run luke warm and the bathroom was disgusting as it had dirt and grime all over the bath handles and sink. The bath was too narrow and dirty to stand in.

The bed was very uncomfortable as we could feel the springs in our back.

Suggestion - the room should have a wardrobe as we had to keep all our belongings on the floor (not good when you have to attend a wedding next day!)

The bathroom Needs to be cleaned thoroughly!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Akash S
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

we stayed on 24th August. We had booked 1 double room and a twin that we requested to be next door to each other due to having young children. We advised we would also be arriving late. We arrived to be told we had room 108 on it's own out in a courtyard for our children and room 301 inside the main building, up 3 floors and hardly next door to our other room. All we could hear was the nearby night clubs which continues until around 3am. There are no breakfast facilities but biscuits are left out. Took one bite and wished I hadn't, very out of date. The rooms are filthy and fixtures and fittings are falling apart. Bed was soft and lumpy. Over all bad nights sleep in a noisy run down hotel. Would not stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Good location, helpful friendly staff. Close to places to eat, town centre and bus station. Great walks in the area, including old railway walks.
Room was good, clean but not too spacious. My room was facing road so very noisy.
I got the room on cheap deal so not sure if they do breakfast.

Room Tip: Try and get one not facing the road unless you do not mind the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my fiancé for one night as we were passing through and this was perfect. I emailed the place prior to visiting to enquiry about parking and received a response within minutes. Staff was exceptionally friendly throughout our stay.

It was clean, affordable, there were no bad smells, bed was very comfortable. The room had a working TV, kettle & tea/coffee, bathtub & shower. Location was perfect (bowling, Pizza Hut, Wilkos & more within a short walking distance). Everything you’d expect from a place double the price.

I’d definitely come back here, my partner and I had a lovely time.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

So I decided to treat the children just thought a night away and abit of pizza hut the small things in life so I checked in to the terrace lodge as soon as we walked threw the door the staff was very polite they couldn’t of tried to be any more help full than they was was shown to our room and I’m abit of a ocd freak and pulled out the bed and it was spotless and I mean spotless I was very happy and had such a quite and peaceful nights sleep it was incredible I would happily recommend time and time and time again (seen couple of very happy cleaners there the next day to) ☺️☺️☺️

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family