“Good place to have stay”

Terrace Lodge Hotel Yeovil
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good place to have stay”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stay there for night and was nice. Clean and close to city centre !!! Room was tidy and had everything what we need. Parking could be better but its easy to find it . There are very nice service and they have been super

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed October 12th - October 14th 2013 as we had come down from Manchester for a family christening, A party of ten stayed here and the staff were very welcoming on arrival and were more than helpful through out our stay, rooms and bathrooms were very good and sufficient for our needs, as said in previous reviews kettle, tea, coffee, milk, various sugars, sweetners, etc,bottles of water,apples biscuits, all on hand and request if needed, all the amenities you need and a great location, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Burbage, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here 14th January for one night on business. I paid £39 and cannot fault my stay. There was 2 bottles of water, 2 apples, 2 packets of biscuits and plenty of tea and coffee with good sized mugs. The bed was very comfy and the shower stupidly powerful (my apologies to the cleaner for getting water everywhere). It was only a small room, but it was cosy and sufficient for my needs.

Being right in the centre, there are numerous restaurants within a one minute walk - I chose F&B's, as is more suitable when dining alone.

I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel (and I'm quite fussy).

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor in the annex building (room 105).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Pimjegg
UK
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is apparently a family-run hotel, so I hope my comments will help them improve any issues.
It is a budget hotel, so my husband and I didn't have very high expectations, but were expecting the basics. Our room was spacious and it looked fine. We were surprised because apart from the usual tea/coffee service tray, we had some water and fruit which was very nice. On closer examination, the carpet was a bit grubby and the curtains were very tired.
Unfortunately our bed was terribly uncomfortable and we had the worst night. I hardly slept. The mattress dipped in the middle and every time either of us moved, the whole bed moved so we kept each other awake. We didn't want any luxuries, but a comfortable bed is the most important thing in any hotel.
We checked out in the morning and requested a refund for the second night as we didn't want to stay there another night. Our complaint was dealt with promptly and satisfactorily which really helped with our impression of the hotel.
I would not mind paying a little more for a room if I have a good night's sleep. Perhaps the owners need to invest in better beds and raise the price of the room a little. The water and fruit was a very niche touch, but their attention needs to be focused somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Yeovil hotels

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

excellent value for money
we did not use the restaurant as we wanted to go to the center which was 5 mins walk !
staff very friendly !
really comfy bed
Cracking weekend as we went for the football
definitely go again !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 72nik
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've stayed in this place four or five times in total over the last two years or so, and will do so again - it's a practical and economic proposition when I'm in the area visiting my daughter. The rooms in themselves are compact but clean and practical. The 24-hour reception is very useful.

But what I've found is that the City Lodge experience varies greatly depending on where your room is. If you're a light sleeper or value your privacy, it's best to avoid (if you can) rooms at the front of the main building on the ground or lower floors; there's no net curtaining, so punters in the Pizza Hut directly opposite can see directly into your room, and the local council have a wholly unreasonable policy of noisily collecting rubbish *before 6am* from directly outside the hotel. (It's hard to understand how the hotel allows this to happen to be honest.)

In the hotel's annex in the rear, rooms on the ground floor immediately adjacent to an alleyway and opposite the backs of a couple of restaurants again have no net curtaining and suffer from substantial noise in that alleyway at certain times (cars parked right next to the window for example).

But anywhere else in the hotel, it's fine. I had room 305 once, on the very top floor at the end of a corridor, and that was gloriously peaceful.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should avoid rooms at the front, on the ground or lower floors, or those in the annex...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank threespine
Scotland
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Compared to the other options in the area City lodge is extremely well priced. The double room I had was more than adequate for my needs. It was spotlessly clean, with a lovely bathroom. The only bad thing I can think of is that the towels are rather small but you can request more so it's not an issue.
The hotel is centrally located, within easy reach of both train stations and the bus station.
I use hotels a lot and would definitely use this one again. It's a bargain!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo