“Chinese Treat in Yeovil”
Review of Sugar Cane

Sugar Cane
Ranked #35 of 185 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Please note that as of March 2017, the Sugar Cane Restaurant has changed ownership and there will be a change within the menu/cuisine it serves.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Chinese Treat in Yeovil”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you appreciate good quality chinese couple with great service, the Sugarcane in Yeovil is the place to go. I have eaten chinese food in many countries but the food here is superb. Try the Crispy Duck with bamboo shoots or Deep Fried Beef for a real treat. Even the Special Fried Rice is a meal in itself and the service is excellent.
Dont be put off by the dated decor, as its been the same for a while. The fare more than makes up for it for VFM and quality.

Simply the Best in the West

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mike L

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Great for big groups!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We went to the sugar cane on a Saturday night for my boyfriends birthday, we advised there would be 17 of us and we got a really good deal for a set menu! The food was really nice and the staff were very friendly... We even had a surprise birthday cake! We definitely would go back again!

Valencia, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
“Still fantastic.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On returning to Yeovil for the first time in 6 years, I was so glad to hear the Sugar Cane was still open, and under the same ownership. The food was as good, if not better than we remembered, each dish having its own individual flavour, and so expertly cooked and so obviously fresh. The most difficult thing to decide is which dishes to have. Although we went mid week, and a little quiet, the atmosphere was still warm and welcoming, and so relaxing. I wish I had time to go again before I left, and know that next time I return it will be my first stop.
Thank you to Jimmy and his wife for a memorable and enjoyable evening, and their passion for the food and their wanting everyone to have an enjoyable experience is as obvious now, as when they opened it in 1985. - Thank you.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Karen B
“Poor poor poor”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Sadly after reading all of the reviews I saved and looked forward to my Chinese dinner. Not good at all. Cheap town centre Chinese. You know the kind...

3 Thank kerrylewis13
Frimley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good I went back every evening!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in Yeovil on business for a week and decided to try a different restaurant each evening, but after visiting the Sugar Cane I abandoned that plan and ate there every night! The food was delicious, and Jimmy and his wife were charming, welcoming and friendly. There's a good variety of dishes – and when I asked for something that wasn't on the menu it wasn't a problem, which was a nice surprise. I'd particularly recommend the scallops, but only because I love seafood – all the other dishes were delicious too.

• Visited May 2012