“GREAT STOP OVER”

Premier Inn Yeovil Airfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Once again another great stop over at a Premier Inn. Reception staff all very friendly and helpful. Room was usual for Premier Inn, clean and comfortable and a good size. Breakfast is taken at the onsite bar/restaurant, there is plenty of choice and it was nice to have the hot food cooked to order rather than kept warm under hot lamps, and you can order as much as you like. Ample parking spaces. Located not far off the A303 so an ideal stop over for the west country. Yeovil town centre was a short drive away. Premier Inn really do offer value for money.

1  Thank Moet01
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Yeovil Airfield Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice premier inn just outside of Yeovil town, only a few minutes drive to centre. Staff were pleasant - our booked room smelt a bit smoky but was not a problem to move rooms. The room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed (room 20)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well there is so much I can say... but I won't bore you.
This hotel is a little gem in Yeovil, from the booking to saying goodbye.
I must say big thank you to All the staff, to those I had contact with, being Kirsty, Denese, and the team leader Lauren, for looking after us on the 5th Jan 14.
My wife and I only stayed the one night in preparation to go to a friends funeral close by.
Now, this hotel is a small (20 rooms) cosy, very well looked after and friendly hotel.
It and the staff warrant the "Excellent" rating given. Well done, it was much appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5, ground floor, relatively quiet and comfortable. Only complaint if it can be sa...
1  Thank davidjlaidlaw
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a fairly new building.The room was spotless and furnishings immaculate.. Much better than some 4 star hotels I have stayed in. On the outskirts of Yeovil but an Asda Superstore and restaurants in walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank birthdaygirl30_10
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Me and my partner came to Yeovil for a couple of nights before heading to Bath and we stayed in the Permier Inn. We were given a room on the ground floor to make it easier for me, the room had a wet floor shower which was quite handy for me. It was mostly very clean, had the basics for us and what was good is that they ask if there is anything you need when you book, I asked for decaf tea and coffee (being allergic to caffeine) and was surprised that they actually provided it for me! The booking of the hotel was very confusing however as I booked and thought I had paid online as I put in my card details, the plan was to pay before in full so that we didn't have to mess about when we got there, When we arrived I was informed that although they had my details, they had not actually taken payment and I needed to pay there and then, not before like I wanted to and thought I had done, so very inconveniently we had to go out and find a bank after using all our cash to pay for the hotel. Other than that, it was mostly okay, apart from as someone previously mentioned creaky floorboards that made me think at any point I could be joined by someone from the room above! We must have been under a corridor though with the amount of noise! (and someone's shower) as it sounded like heavy rain at one point! For the price at the time we went, we have had a lot more for a lot less and premier inn was supposed to be more affordable, however, even though it wasn't the school holidays, the time of year we went was quite expensive!

Room Tip: Avoid downstairs rooms if at all possible!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Good premier inn stay, the staff were very helpful and pleasant. We were initially assigned a room on the ground floor of the hotel. To our surprise the floor creaked terribly. I'm not usually one to complain about things but this really was ridiculous (like you were walking the plank on a pirate ship). As two of us were sharing a room it would of meant that should one of us get up in the night then we would of easily woken each other up with the noise. A few other reviews also mention the groaning floors.

After much deliberation I asked for a room change and the staff showed me a room on the 2nd floor to check the floors, they were absolutely fine. The room switch was sorted within 10 minutes - great! This may of been a different story if the hotel was fully booked. So if you are attending on a busy events weekend make sure you make a room request on the 2nd floor before arrival.

We did quickly browse the tavern restaurant joined to the premier inn however after a quick glance the current seated customers seemed to be leaving a lot of their food which also backs up the poor ratings on Trip Advisor. We decided to give it a miss given what we saw. We would recommend the Crown and Victoria pub about 10 minutes drive from the Premier for some excellent food and hospitality.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We try and use this chain when we are out on our walking weekends and we stayed here for one night. The receptionists were pleasant and the room clean as usual. If you want good basic accommodation and are willing to book early, these these places are very good value. This one is close to Yeovil town and also there is an Asda close by for anything you may have forgotten or need.

Room Tip: the rooms upstairs facing the sports field are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple