“excellent experience”

Ranked #2 of 190 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamburino's first restaurant was opened in Yeovil on the 27th February 2005 bringing the town a true taste of Italy with our wonderful traditional cuisine and vibrant atmosphere.Owner Domenico Taravella is from Sicily, where passion runs deep. No more so than the passion for food and hospitality. In fact, Domenico began his restaurant career at the tender age of 14 - not surprising, because as he says, "Food and drink are part of the culture of my country. We embrace them at a very young age"
Reviewed March 25, 2014

good food, excellent service and real value for money. Would recommend it to any real italian food lovers

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my second visit for Yeovil, the last being 2007. I remembered it from the previous visit, so we went to try and find it again and I'm very glad we did. We met Domenico as we stood outside looking at the menu and he instantly charmed us all! We ended up having lunch at his cafe at the top of the town and then returned to the restaurant for dinner in the evening. He greeted us like old friends and we had a great evening. The atmosphere was lovely, food delicious and all the staff very friendly and attentive. Would thoroughly recommend eating here. Just wish we lived nearer!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

took the family there last night for a treat . was the first of what will be many visits !!! the service was first class , the atmosphere was spot on and as for the food ? it was so tasty or scrummy as the kids called it . thankyou tamburinos ! see you soon .

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Try the lamb off the blackboard, it's amazing. It's an all round experience. The food, atmosphere, staff and service all top class. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went here on Saturday evening, and get told its a 20minute wait - quite understandable as it is absolutely packed! So the manager recommends for us to visit a the pub across the street to ensure that we take in all the 'sights' of Yeovil' and then to come back - we take him up on this offer. Upon our return, he takes us to our table and is very friendly, organised us a Peroni each! Then he efficiently takes our food order, even if we had to be difficult and change our orders slightly (I think I ordered a YTFC calzone). So far the experience was boss.
Then the food came out - WOW. The food was to die for (don't worry, none of us died). The pizza's were huge, and I can confirm there was enough left to feed a small child (unless the small child is actually a big child). The restaurant was still busy, but the staff were still very friendly and helpful. Then the bill came, and through talking to the manager, we told him we needed go to a convenience store to buy a Pepsi.
This absolute LEGEND organised for a bottle of Pepsi to be delivered to the restaurant! That must be a first. I couldn't recommend this place any more, if I ever venture to Yeovil again I will ensure that I visit this place.

1  Thank gv2903