“Service & food good - but pricey”

Ask Italian - Yeovil
Ranked #19 of 188 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Yeovil is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Yeovil menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I ate for the first time at the Yeovil Ask as we were in the area. We arrived at 5pm on a Sunday evening and were the only diners and of course seated very promptly. Whilst we were there another 4 tables were filled so no problem getting a table and definitely dont need to book.
We ordered the antipasti to share for starters and pizza and pasta for our main course.
We are not big drinkers so opted for a small glass of wine and iced tap water, I was driving so only drank water
The starter arrived and we were very disappointed but the small selection on the board which include 2 slices of palma ham/2 slices of salami/1 small mozzarella and 3 pieces of bread. This is probably one of the poorest offerings of a share board we have experienced.
Both our main courses were fine.
The bill we thought was quite expensive for what we ate - just over £40.

There are newer reviews for Ask Italian - Yeovil

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Meeting up with family on their visit to Yeovil, table for six but the noise was overpowering and gave every body headaches. Unable to hold a conversation.
Food was good but service on the slow side.
Would visit again but only on a quiet night.

1  Thank Taurus42
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Liked food, staff run off feet so did not have time for you. Lovely restaurant clean and reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had been organising a surprise birthday meal for best friend, they were happy to help me from the very beginning, the service was wonderful our every need catered for! As I work in a local restaurant I know how demanding large parties can be, the waiter was extremely enthusiastic and obviously enjoyed his job, the waitress who seemed to have only recently joined the ask team done her upmost to keep us happy and was so polite and was a joy to have serving us! I have been to ask multiple of times and have never had this type of service! The team they have now are a pleasure and will defiantly be going back soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I alternate between ASK, Yeovil and PREZZO, Yeovil, depending on which one has the best deal. We usually go about once every six weeks to one of them. Last week we returned to ASK, they were quite busy, but the 3 waitresses were very efficient, helpful and cheerful. I really fancied some chips but, being a vegetarian was uncertain if any meals included chips. The waitress suggested a pasta dish which included a side salad, but offered to swap the salad for chips at no extra cost. I went for this, and it was absolutely delicious. I then ordered the coffee with a 'taster' of chocolate/almond pudding (?), which was also really tasty. We were watching the time as we were heading off to the Cinema and did make the waitress aware of this. The coffee & pudding was a little slow so rather than wait for the bill, we went up to the till to pay. The waitress was very apologetic that we had to wait for my coffee/pudding and subsequently knocked it off the bill - in return, we left her a tip:) Great value for money, with very friendly, helpful and cheerful staff - keep it up.