“Good family place to eat”

Pizza Express - Ashford
Ranked #80 of 226 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Pizza Express is a good family place to eat the food tasted hot and was nice and fresh. They are very welcoming with children and treat the children well.

Tom C, Manager at Pizza Express - Ashford, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your review. I am delighted that you had a nice time with us at PizzaExpress Ashford and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Tom Crinall
Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

25 years a satisfied customer until today, rubbish Pizza Express, no excuses, you weren't even busy. The chef must have been hungover or just not focused and the waitress had no clue about service recovery, she didn't even bother to say goodbye. Toilets were horrible too. Think the love affair is over...:-(

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Ate here one Saturday night with my partner and two kids. Food and service both excellent. The restaurant was full but we didn't experience any of the service issues mentioned in some of the earlier reviews. The recent change in menu brings some great additions to the table - the cheese fondue with bread sticks for starter is superb. For an easy, tasty, quality family meal ticks all the boxes. We used Tesco clubcard vouchers which makes it a cheap meal - £20 in vouchers = £80 in Pizza Express. Simply give the voucher codes to the waitress at the end of the meal. If the restaurant is full try the one at the McArthur Glen outlet which gets less busy although has shorter opening hours.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Being going here for years and always good on all fronts so hope this gets them to sort out the problems that messed up our Saturday lunchtime. We would normally recommend this place for a young family lunch as they are very accomodating, clean, precise and the food is good. However - they got the drinks order wrong. They got my 10 year olds Romana Pizza wrong and put some spice powder on it so he got a sore tummy until he managed to flush it out with some drinks. A waitress (not our waitress) was quick to get another properly done pizza. My wife's Leggera pizza just had some poor attempt at a salad on it with no dresssing. My wife is veggie and normally this comes with a nice mixed sald with dressing. Sent back only to have it returned saying the menu had been changed. My Romana was thin and spongy not crispy but I was hungry so just got on with it. My wife found the female toilets dirty and no loo paper. When my bill came they had charged me for extra jalepenos which are meant to come with my Romana and also an extra coke. Returned bill. Bill returned to me with jalepenos removed but still with 3 cokes. I pointed this out to our waitress who said she had brought us 3 cokes then proceeded to count the empty bottles on the table. She found two as my son had only two as he needed another to wash the spicey pizza down. Waitress then changed the bill, I paid and I think failry did not give a tip but the waitress appeared to hover expecting one. I just walked out at this point.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been twice now with my son to this restaurant. On both visits we were made very welcome by the staff and on our second visit the waiter Christopher was very helpful and attentive. The food was first class and was reasonably priced. We both had a very enjoyable time and will happilly eat there again. I would recommend this restaurant to all who like the real Italian pizza experiance. Better than any Pizza Hut!