“Value for money”

Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this place for a 1 night stay with my husband, my 3 year old son and my baby. The room was clean, spacious and the restaurant by the hotel was good. Location wise, it's really convenient for anyone who wants to explore kent and the coast. Close by is also Ashford designer outlets too. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing I could really complain a bout was it would have been nice to have 2 double beds rather than what seems like 2 single sofa beds, as my 3 year old cannot sleep on his own in a single... so we pushed the 2 singles together. But all in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. I was visiting one of the stores that is on the estate this premier inn is located on so an absolutely perfect location for me.

The hotel is very easy to find situated just off the M20. I arrived quite late (approx 9.30pm) so the restaurant had stopped serving food. For anyone in the same situation there is a McDonalds on the estate or alternatively if you want to grab something a bit healthier, there is a tesco on the M20 roundabout you get off at anyway about a 2 minute drive away.

Check in was smooth and the receptionist very friendly offering all the good night guarantees etc that you get at every Premier Inn. The receptionist then gave me a number to call explaining that there were no phones in the room so I'd have to use my mobile. This is the first time I've come across this at a premier inn although not a big issue for me, it's something to be aware of.

The lift is slightly rickety so I opted for the stairs, with only 3 floors this isn't really an issue. My room was large even for a premier inn and the cleaning standards were high in both the room and bathroom. One thing that I was pleasantly surprised with was I got a large tv - approx 36 inch if imagine, compared to the much smaller ones you usually get. Room was very quiet and I wasn't disturbed at all even though my room was next to a corridor door.

Shower was powerful and the shower gel and hand wash were full.

I had the premier breakfast which I always think is vastly over priced for what you get, however, my company pays a b&b rate - if I was paying I'd definitely go elsewhere. Staff were friendly though. But basic fruit salad and a few cereals and croissants for £8.25 is outrageous (you can order hot food too)

Overall a nice premier inn with ample parking

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Typical Premier Inn friendly staff,clean rooms and reasonable food at Table Table next BUT it is right next to an international truck stop with lorries in and out all night to and from the Tunnel so take your ear plugs.YOU HAVE BE£EN WARNED.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room at the back of the hotel it will be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked a family room and was very pleased with the experience as a whole. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Perhaps the only thing lacking was a telephone in the room.

The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly and assisted us with calling a taxi.

The breakfast on Sunday morning was very civilised, with plenty of hot food. Having had a previous disappointing experience with Premier Inn weekend breakfasts, we were pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for a 2 night stay during a business trip to Folkestone. Receptionist was very friendly even when I managed to lose my key on the 1st night, I could not complain majorly about the room other than the heat, it did not have any air-con just a free standing fan, which did swirl cold air around, and even with just the window slightly open you still needed the fan to cool the room, and being a light sleeper I tended to wake up every so often, but other than that the room was very good, large comfortable double bed, flat screen TV attached to the wall, and a relatively large bathroom. One thing I did notice was that the room did not have a telephone, so anybody needing to contact the reception would either need to either personally attend or use their mobile. WIFI is free for guests but for only 15mins each day. Being so close to the M20 you could not hear any noise from the near-by traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

excellent hotel, I work as a room attendant for premier inn so I stay in the hotels a lot and I know the hard work and time restrictions that a room attendant has to deal with.
this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in throughout all premier inns. very modern clean fresh and comfortable. with very friendly staff. well done all of you. the receptionist booked us a table at the restaurant the food was delicious and there were lots of things to choose from as they had a couple of extra menus on with value for money offers. There was a mix up with the breakfast, but still it tasted great and u can go back for more and my daughter ate free of charge. overall excellent hotel and restaurant!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel as we had a long drive ahead of us in France the next morning.

Located on a business/industrial/retail park with a ambulance/clinical centre nearby.

The room was comfortable, clearly recently refurbished, however seems like the original windows and their fittings still in place, thought those would have been changed as well.

Had a fairly good nights sleep, got woken by a noisy guest leaving early, why can't some people appreciate others are still asleep!!!

We arrived later than anticipated due the what was the "Road to Hell - i.e M25 on a Bank Holiday Friday", spent 4 hours getting from M40 junction to M26, not helped by people who are clearly unable to drive properly!!! The staff member on reception at the time was very welcoming and helpful, a credit to Premier Inn.

We ate at the French Connection Table Table Restaurant, but I will review that separately as don't want to confuse people!!

Room Tip: Avoid booking room near lift, as inconsiderate guests may wake you from your slumber!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Ashford International Hotel
Travelodge Ashford
Travelodge Ashford
#6 of 8 in Ashford
Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel? Share your experiences!