“My new favourite place”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I took my mum here for Mothers Day last year & again this year. I've also had Sunday lunch here a couple of months. Food is so good & such great value. The staff are so friendly & helpful. We had a wonderful afternoon. The Blue Anchor is a wee gem. You won't b disappointed. I'm booking to come back in a couple of weeks.

1  Thank suzyplum
There are newer reviews for Blue Anchor Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Lovely cosy little restaurant, relaxed and attentive service.
The menu was not expensive and had some really nice sounding dishes on it.
I'd recommend the goats cheese and pear starter and the lamb rump main (jus/ sauce was amaaazing).
2 starters, 2 mains, 2 pints, a glass of wine and 2 soft drinks and it came to less than £50.
amazing value for money, will be returning.

1  Thank Lorna D
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my first visit and I didn't know what a perfect little gem was right on my doorstep.
The welcome was warm and friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. We had two lovely starters, 2 delicious guinea fowl mains, a couple of glasses of wine plus sparkling water for just £43.00 (amazing value). It was very relaxing too - just a perfect evening. I will definately be back

1  Thank Judith A
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely family run pub! The food at this establishment never disapoints its always amazing. Sunday lunches are also Delightful and such great value for money. Every dish is always so tasty and always comes with a great variety of fresh vegtables. great service and lovely food what more can you ask for! :-)

2  Thank topedise
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Took the mother-in-law here for a Sunday lunch last week. Very friendly staff, very generous portions, very reasonably priced, VERY NICE. Will definitely go again when we're down that way.

1  Thank C B