“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
littlehampton england
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before catching the Eurostar.
Booked a family room and was very impressed. Spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. Good breakfast in the morning and staff were very helpful and friendly.
Reccomend

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear kellfin
Many thanks for your review and your kind recommendation. Our location makes us very convenient for catching the Eurostar as we are only a 5 minute drive away from the station. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast the next morning. We hope you will visit again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Last year I was invited to ride in the Veteran speedway riders championship at Lydd speedway track, my wife and I traveled down and stayed in a fairly modest B&B Hotel not far from this International hotel.... We had a reasonable stay,....but nothing to write home about. There was also a problem with the shower which meant I was waiting about for around two hours,....whilst still covered in 'shale',.... we did get a bottle of wine from the management when pressed,.... but it just made the whole weekend a bit low..

This year I was again invited to ride at Lydd, and we had a better search of hotels etc in and around this area and found the International here in Ashford. I must say that we had actually seen the hotel last year when we shopped for last minute items in the 'big Sainsburys' right next door !

Anyway,.... We booked on-line and traveled down on the Friday and were immediately impressed by the check in staff and the overall layout of the place. I found a sort of 'out of the way' parking space for my vehicle with my speedway bike locked on it and found it very secure and safe.

Our room was perfect and had a lot more going for it that the other hotel we stayed in the year before. I was able to have a very relaxed night, and after we had our breakfast on the Saturday morning, we drove on over to Lydd and I raced (as good as I could) in the meeting, and we had some fun in the sun with friends old and new ;-)

We arrived back to the hotel happy, tired, windswept, and in my case, covered in dusty shale again !... Ten minutes later however, and I was lazing in a lovely warm bath to ease my aches and pains, as well as wash away Lydd speedway's grey residue ;-)

Another restful night and then a hearty breakfast on the Sunday morning, ensured that we drove home without a care in the world. I will definitely book again if the same (relative) prices are on offer.... Glen Belcher. Leicester.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Glen B
Many thanks for your lovely review and it sounds like you had a great time at the speedway track with your friends. I’m pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed a hearty breakfast before you left. You may be interested in joining the QHotels Breakaway Club which offers exclusive discounts and offers to members for all the 21 QHotels. Or just keep a look out on our website for the latest offers. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We regularly stay in this hotel to visit family in Ashford. Clean comfortable rooms , staff friendly but couldn't answer questions re loyalty program in their own hotel. Evening meal the best we had taken in any Q hotel and good choice for breakfast. Great location to visit the coast and surrounding area. Close to motorway but no noise Only real downside was I could only getwifi working for about 30 mins and only on one of the days . Very poor

• Stayed June 2013
Dear buncey47_8
Thanks for your review and it’s great to hear that you stay with us when you come to visit your family in Ashford. I’m pleased that the staff were friendly and the Front Office Manager has made sure that the newer members of her team are aware of our loyalty club. I’d be very grateful if you could email me at dbilling@QHotels.co.uk with your room number so I can get the WiFi signal checked in that area and I would be happy to send you some information about our loyalty club and answer any questions you may have. We all look forward to your return. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked a special two night deal so we could visit family nearby
Accommodation and food were excellent and so was the value.
The one disappointment was the reception staff who seemed less than fully experienced and were inept at booking a table in the restaurant and completely unhelpful when asked if there was a facility for charging an i-phone.
We didn't have time to use the spa facilities - we shall look forward to them next time we visit.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine - probably worth the upgrade if you want something a bit special - the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear stevengaunt
Many thanks for your review and I’m pleased that you found your stay value for money. I have addressed your feedback about the reception with the Front of House Manager and the reception team now keep a spare i-phone charger behind the desk to loan to guests. It's great to hear that you would like to return to use the spa and I would recommend booking in advance to ensure you get your preferred times etc. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been to quite a few hotels and I must say this one definitely deserves its 4 star hotel rating. The minute I got there I was made to feel welcome and the spa facilities are amazing. The treatments I received were top standard and this was comparing them to my best ever stay at a 5 star hotel in Rhodes.
The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, you get a charming bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet.
The food was very tasty even if I did have to wait a while for it, the staff were always very friendly and professional throughout my time there. The full English breakfast is the usual buffet where you can help yourself and they had a massive range of cereals, fruit, pastries, and the usual bacon and eggs you get with a full English, they even had a choice of cheeses.
The pool with the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi was a nice add to the spa without being too busy and we spent quite a few hours there.
If you do book this hotel and are getting the train you will need to keep in mind that you will need to get a cab to the hotel as it is a very long walk with dual carriage road around it. We paid 6 pounds each way for the cab but they are easy to pick up outside Ashford international station.
The only negative point I could think of was that we found out drinks weren't included with our dinner deal but this trip was booked with a spa break website and not directly with the hotel (and not trip advisor either)
We were only booked in for an overnight stay but we definitely didn't want to leave by the end of day two, I will be coming back and would recommend this hotel to anyone look for a relaxing get away with a bit off class.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Gemma W
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and tips on getting to the hotel from the train station. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spa break and that you would like to return. Keep an eye on the QHotels website for our latest offers and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

FANTASTIC Wedding food good. Toastmaster keep us all in line. Disco/party Eve really good.
But why when I turned up the FIRE doors at our end of the hotel were locked? Two out of three double FIRE doors from the Canterbury suite were then locked by the staff as they wanted everyone to use the third set of FIRE doors? WHY ARE YOU LOCKING FIRE DOORS?

Room Tip: Check you know your way out if there was a FIRE and what you would do if you found the exits locked.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Russell111
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time at the wedding. Please be assured we take fire, heath and safety matters extremely seriously The fire doors that you refer to are not locked with a key and can all be opened from the inside by a thumb-turn mechanism which is compliant with regulations. For security reasons they cannot be accessed from the outside but doesn’t hider escape in an emergency. In the event of an evacuation, all the staff are trained to evacuate all guests safely and efficiently. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice big conference hotel with large and small meeting rooms all on the same floor. Comfortable bedrooms and nice finishes around the hotel. The food was very good in the restaurants, slightly less good for the conference meals because of the challenges in catering for large numbers. The location is good if you want to be in Kent but some of our delegates and speakers from the rest of the country and Europe claimed to find it hard to get to (train+taxi or car, limited Eurostar stops) and were late.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear WilliamsFamilyUk
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. The hotel is located 1 mile from Ashford International station and taxis wait at the front entrance. The Eurostar stops at Ashford International Station, Ebbsfleet International, Stratford International which is 26 away and St. Pancras International which is 37 minutes away. Thank you one again and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!