Ashford International Hotel
HolidayInn.com
Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
$116
$109
The Conningbrook Hotel(Kennington)(Great Value!)
$103
$346
$314
Hotels.com
PremierInn.com
The Dering Arms(Pluckley)
PremierInn.com
1,597 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakcomedy nightrelaxation roomquench bargood sizelarge hotelbuffet stylesteam room and saunaspa facilitiesevening mealrestaurant staffmember of staffmy mumchanging roomswaiting staffreception area
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely stay at the Ashford International Hotel. We were meeting up with family and the hotel was a great central base for where we were visiting.
The staff were all really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. No problems checking in at 3pm. There was a big event on at the hotel the night we arrived but because the hotel has so many function rooms it didn't seem at all busy.
We had a really lovely meal in the bar area and all four of us couldn't fault our food. Also the breakfast was one of the best we have had with a great selection for everyone.
The rooms were spacious and immaculately clean. The only little gripe was that we were in a room next door to my parents and there was a connecting door. The door was locked but you could hear the tv and a lot of what they were saying and as they are early birds in the mornings we were woken at 5.30am!
Plenty off free on site parking. Didn't have time to use the spa unfortunately...maybe next time!
Overall a first class stay and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room without a connecting door to minimise noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear welshcwmtravel
Thank you for your lovely review and I’m pleased that you found the hotel an ideal base for visiting your family. It’s also great to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the food from our new bar and lounge menu. We are happy to note any room requests prior to arrival and will always to our best to accommodate them. We have some excellent spa offers on our website so next time you come to stay you may be interested in these. We do recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Looking forward to your return. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently used the Ashford International to host our annual Dinner Dance for the second year running. With over 200 guests to cater for and anywhere from 50 to 100 rooms required for an overninght stay the Ashford International is the perfect choice. They have a good menu choice and will cater for any special dietery requirements you may have. During the planning my event organiser was very helpful nothing was too much trouble.

The evening went very well and we raised a lot of money for charity, which is the aim of the night. The staff on duty were fantastic any hiccups we had were swiftly resolved.

I have had a lot of feedback from our guests stating what a great evening it was and are looking forward to next year.

I would definitely recommend the Ashford International as a venue for any occasion.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Racheljkent
Many thanks for your review and your email; I’m delighted that your dinner dance was a success and that you received a lot of positive feedback from your guests. Congratulations on raising so much money for charity and we look forward to welcoming you again at next year’s event. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Comfortable modern business like hotel.
Probably not my first choice for a romantic break for two but Ideal for a relaxing stay before heading to or returning from Europe. The Eurotunnel is only a few miles down the road. Restaurant and bar are pleasant. No comments on the food, helpful staff, Rooms are clean and large so enough space for your luggagge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Berbera H
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I’m pleased that you found the hotel conveniently located for travelling to Europe. We are located 2 minutes drive from the Eurostar terminal and 15 minutes drive from the Channel Tunnel. We have a number of romantic packages on our website and would be happy to help create a tailor-made romantic breakaway. I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and below is a copy of the letter I sent to the hotel. They have replied with the comment that the chef forgot the dressing and he would bring the other comments to his staffs attention. Total missing the fact that to serve this level of food in a 4* hotel is not acceptable, cheap and badly done. We did get the offer of a discounted stay if we want to return..not very likely. Avoid this hotel if you can.

COPY OF LETTER
I find myself having to write to you after our stay at Ashford on Saturday night as I would like to give you the opportunity to respond before I post any review on line.

It started with our arrival for our evening and night stay as we were attending the *** dinner. We joined the queue to check in and after about 15 minutes we made it to check in, perhaps as many other customers said may be its to keep your name up, you leave customers Qing, two members of staff to check in all the arrivals at 3 pm is not adequate.

In the evening we went for dinner, then the starter arrived 3 lettuce leaves, a hard boiled egg cut in half and 3 cherry tomatoes cut in half..that was it, no dressing, oil, mayonnaise nothing at all just a dry plate with 3 ingredients on it. Other on the table had over cooked chorizo that had a bitter taste it had been cooked or burnt so much. I would have been embarrassed to serve it to anyone. If it had not been that we were guest on a table I can assure you the food would have gone straight back.

For the main I had the beef that was very nicely cooked but the vegetables were so under cooked it brought a whole new meaning to al dente! in fact whilst trying to stab a fork into my carrots two flew off my plate and landed on the persons plate next to me. The broccoli was rock hard and in edible. The desert a few bits of sponge with a bit of lemon-cello covered in a custard and cream with half a strawberry with the stalk left on..

As I said before it was an embarrassment to be served this level of food in a 4* Hotel or any hotel for that matter, in fact we would go as far to stay as it was the worst food I have ever been served. Far from being annoyed on the evening it actually had us in laughter as each course came out.

I cannot believe a qualified chef would serve this standard of food and if he or she does then I think you should be carefully considering your quality of staff.

As I said I will be putting my review on line but thought you might like to comment on the above or at least get the managers response to see if this is the usual standard you can expect when staying at your hotels..

On a plus note the rooms are very nice and clean.

Room Tip: our room was good on the 3rd floor dont know about the rest. avoid the restaurants..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank family-and-kids
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear family-and-kids

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your email. My PA has replied your email directly and I would like to reiterate our sincere apologies that you didn’t enjoy the meal served to the function you were attending with 220 other guests. We have had an email from the organiser who has received much positive feedback and I take all feedback from our guests seriously. However I am pleased that you enjoyed the beef and your bedroom and I hope we will get the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a romantic getaway for our 10th anniversary. The hotel was excellent. It was modern,the staff were really friendly and helpful. We upgraded to a superior room, which was spacious, well decorated, comfy bed, we put in a request for a quiet room ,which we got. we tried out the pool which was nice, changing rooms clean and tidy, with towels and lockers (need to make sure you have a pound). We had dinner which was ok, limited choice if you do not like fish, but the breakfast was great with lots of choices. Overall we had a great stay and we hope to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear tobydenn
Thank you for your review and for choosing Ashford International Hotel to celebrate your special anniversary. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your getaway and the facilities. For the benefit of future guests reading this, a sample copy of our restaurant menu can be viewed on our website. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager