“Excellent”

Folkestone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been to footprints many times and will continue to do so. The staff always make me feel welcome and the service is excellent. The food is also excellent and also caters for food allergies such as coeliac disease. Its certainly a hidden gem and in the summer one can enjoy eating outside or even taking a stroll on the woodlands. I strongly recommend a trip!

• Visited February 2014

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Loved every visit!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been to Footprints many times - for lunch, dinner, coffee and even a private party and can honestly say it is my most favourite place in Ashford. Great tasting food - especially the Sunday roast! Pleasant, friendly staff. Fantastic location. Plenty of choice. Wish I lived nearer as I would probably visit more often.

• Visited January 2014
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Very tasty Sunday roast! ”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Another great sunday roast was had.
Good honest food at a reasonable price.

This is not a fancy restaurant that rips you off!
Its a family run business that offers a fantastic English roast.

This was our second visit, which was just as good as the first.

We walked away very content and satisfied with both the food and the service.

It's tasty grub, a proper home cooked roast without the washing up!

There is none of that hustle and bustle you would normally entertain at cheaper carvery's.
It's relaxed and well timed to suit the bookings.

Thanks to Gary and the team, see you soon.

Ashford, United Kingdom
“The problem with perfection is...........”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The main problem with Footprint's Sunday Carvery is that when we first ate there it was perfect and it hasn't got any better. How could it? It is still faultless and I confidently expect that on my next visit nothing will have changed.

• Visited January 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“The Truth”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am afraid I will never believe wonderful reviews on Triipadvisor again. With so many extravagant reviews I was sure that this might be a wonderful experience. However, from the moment I walked in to Footprints cafe I knew from the smell that assailed me that this was only going to be memorable for the disappointment. And I was right. The people serving were very nice but the food was positively agricultural. Never again!

• Visited February 2014
8 Thank Sillert
Gary G, Owner at Footprints Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello, usually I would thank the reviewer for their review, as, pretty much everyone have given us a true and honest review of their experience in our rural cafe. I knew from the moment you walked in, Footprints wasn't the place for you. We are, for all tense and purpose a cafe, that provides homemade light lunches, show casing our beautiful town and counties,locally sourced produce, we prepare and cook every meal to order and we cook it in ticket order, as the orders are taken. We are not and never pretend to be a 4 or 5 star restaurant, you seem to be used for. The lunchtime you came in was a particularly busy one and with the added problem of you and your party turning up nearly an hour late for a booked table, this dropped you right in the middle of the busiest part of the lunch time, with a group of 16 people coming out of a meeting to eat, as well as already having 5 of our 9 table booked, with walk ins as well but, the way we run our business, is how we would expect to be treated ourselves. however, you were looking for problems, from the first moment I spoke to you. I speak to my customers,as friends and have built an extremely strong customer base of fantastic people. New customers are introduced to us everyday, either by the fantastic website of TripAdvisor, from people that have been recommended by friends or family.
I have never felt as though I were beneath ANY of my customers, that is of course until I spoke with you, nothing I said or anything we did or could have done would have satisfied you.
Again,
I would always ask customers that may have had a problem, to return and I would let them sample Footprints another day or even visit our acclaimed Sunday carvery but on this occasion I won't, as myself, my wife and my son, as well as our co workers, work Extremely hard every single day, to make sure our customers receive the service they deserve and I think we deserve a little more than a "terrible" review from a family that quite obviously would felt more at home in a Michelin stared restaurant in London, rather than a lowly rural "Agricultral?" cafe. How can more than 80 people be so wrong with their tripadvisor reviews, with one terrible review....Have a nice day now!