“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have visited several times during the week but took my Mum and partner today for Sunday lunch. The roast beef was excellent and there are a good choice of veggies on offer. The portions are generous to say the least, so much so that I couldn't manage a dessert but did try some of the chocolate brownie sundae. Yum. The service, as ever, was spot on and I would recommend a trip. One last thing, as a confirmed carnivore, I have been seduced by the falafel burger. Give it a try. Thank you Gary and Co and keep up the good work.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful Sunday Lunch with a scrummy pudding. Luckily I live locally and it is within walking distance home, definitely needed the exercise after such yummy food. Very friendly staff, personal service in a natural surrounding. I will definitely be going back and will be telling all my friends to try it. Thank you again for a wonderful Lunch.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on here, my friend and I visited Footprints for our lunch today. I must say the venue was not what I was expecting, however it works. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, one waiter even asked if the music was too loud as we were sat under a speaker.
The food was lovely, I had a salad and it had everything that makes a good salad as well as a fresh baked baguette. We also indulged in some ice-cream. The stem ginger and marmalade went down very well.
Staff were attentive and, though sometimes it appeared she had no idea what was what, the waitress had excellent customer service skills.
I will definitely be visiting again, thank you!

Gary G, Owner at Footprints Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you so much for this lovely review. The only reason for this reply, is just to let you, future customers and readers of our reviews know that the waitress you mentioned towards the end of your review, is new and was only on her second day with us, so she is still finding her way. After a short time she will be very "au fait" with our business, our ethos and our ideals, as are all of our staff. Once again thank you very much for taking the time to review us, it is VERY much appreciated!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Took Mum & Dad for lunch today as ever the food was excellent..... had the chicken fillet salad with potato wedges ... it is refreshing to have fresh crunchy salad and fresh cooked food. Mum had Chicken fillet burger with salad & potato wedges ( miles better than any you can buy in the fast food places) Dad had a cheese omelette ..... all freshly made.

Excellent value and the best place to eat in Ashford!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would never go anywhere else for my Sunday lunch.....once again myself, my daughter and her partner went to Footprints for lunch. As always the portions were ginormous (at least for my daughter and partner they were - I can't eat as much as them!) and we all had a good portion of each meat.....beautiful beef, succulent chicken and tasty gammon. Roasties, Yorkshires, stuffing balls, a wonderful cauliflower/broccoli cheese, peas, carrots and cabbage and, of course, gravy. The puds are delicious - my daughter's partner had the Belgian Waffle which I have had on other occassions during the week - a wonderful warm waffle with maple syrup, ice-cream and whipped cream with grated chocolate - just so yummy. My daughter had apple and cherry crumble and custard which she said was gorgeous and I had apple and cinnamon sponge and custard which was very moreish. You need to wear comfy clothing that is going to expand and be prepared to crash out at home for a good sleep!
Me and my family and friends love this place and can never recommend it highly enough - Gary, Candy (who cooks all of this beautiful food) and their staff are so friendly and make the whole experience totally worthwhile.
What are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this gem of an eating place.......