“Missing some of the ingredients but still very good”
Review of Joiners Armsi

Joiners Armsi
Ranked #48 of 192 Restaurants in Banbury
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Missing some of the ingredients but still very good”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stopped off to have a lazy lunch and enjoy the Sunshine.
The Pub is located just off the main road in Bloxham., with ample parking and outside space.
The interior decor is lovely, the restaurant and seating areas spacious and welcoming.
As it was a warm day, we decided to eat on the terrace courtyard, which is again spacious and split into two areas, one under a huge pagolla, the other in the open, so a mix of sun and shade to choose from. There are other outside seating areas nestled by a brook and above the terrace.
Staff and service was friendly and quick.
We each ordered salads: Beetroot, Chicken Caesar and spicy beef.
They were all delicious though I can strongly recommend the spicy beef, which was just a perfect mix of flavors.
So why my headline "missing some of the ingredients"? Well, the Chicken Caesar was missing the Parmesan and the beetroot salad was missing the pine nuts, though only slightly detracting from the overall flavors so an overall very good.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tal B
Sage42, Owner at Joiners Armsi, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thankyou for your kind review ....From the items you have described from our menu I'm. Trying to pinpoint when you visited us as we now change our menus weekly !
I m sorry that a few items were missing from your dishes when they arrived I do hope that our waiting staff went and got the missing items from the kitchen for you.
I do hope that you will try us again in the near future x

“Lovely meal sat outside”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

beautiful olde worlde pub with lots of outside eating space and elegant dining areas within . A good menu with something for everyone and some unusual dishes . Well priced and well cooked . would recommend this place to anyone

Visited June 2013
oxfordshire
“good food and service”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

went here early evening, we have eaten here a few times and the food has always been good. Take children with us occasionally and they have a good childrens menu. They have recently changed the menu and taken off my favourite fish cakes, so i suppose the chef probably gets fed up with cooking same dishes all the time. The chicken with bacon and cheese was lovely which i had instead. If i was to criticise anything the tables in the bar need wiping down more often! but they were very busy if you are planning to go for sunday roast i would book first

• Visited June 2013
Oxford
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visit every couple of months with friends and food is always of a good standard, comfortable seating area and friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Saswa
“Beware the Pan Fried King Prawns!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

What a disastrous meal! My starter was served in a ramekin dish containing shrivelled little prawns which didn't smell of garlic, butter or parsley. The waitress insisted these were "BABY king prawns"! Have you heard anything so funny? The owner recognised them as "cocktail prawns" but defended the waitress by claiming she must have read the packet! I suggest they change their business to a comedy act. So, no starter for me (the price was higher than my partner's Trio of Fish - smoked mackerel, smoked salmon and prawns) and the steak I ate had no beef flavour at all. I didn't complain about the steak for fear they would tell me it was a baby cow so the flavour hadn't developed yet! The chips were good - perhaps the chef has experience of fast food joints only.

• Visited June 2013