“Lovely meal in a fabulously decorated restaurant”

Thai Orchid - Banbury
Ranked #28 of 232 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Had a lovely dinner here with my boyfriend at the weekend and so glad that we chose to go. Lovely restaurant with lots of intricate carving in the tables and on the walls, and some huge koi carp in the ornamental pond! Staff were welcoming and the food was at a reasonable price too and was delicious. I had the vegetable and bean curd curry and my boyfriend had some duck, both of us had sticky rice too. Served nicely in decorated bowls with tea lights underneath to keep the dishes warm, which I've not seen in a restaurant for ages. Great place for anyone who likes Thai food i would say

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

As residents of Banbury, it's a shame we don't get to visit Thai Orchid often and when we do, it's usually for take away.

That said, the restaurant is beautiful and doesn't look like it from the outside but it's very spacious inside and is filled with what I'd imagine to be authentic artifacts.

The menu is extensive (the takeaway menu a little less so but still with a very good variety of choices!) and the food is always delicious and fresh.

When we visit in person we always make sure to have plenty of time as you are never rushed here and we want to leave plenty of time to sample lots of things!

The mixed starter is a great call if you're with a group of people, especially if they're less familiar with the cuisine to try a little bit of a few different things.

I'd have a hard time recommending a specific dish - there's not been anything I've had that I've not enjoyed!

Well worth a visit if you're in the area!

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

The food here was fantastic. The place is a little small and tight but the food is worth it! We were a group of three got three diff appetizers and three diff meals, we cleaned our plates.

1  Thank amberdQ2283YB
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten here over the last 15 years, first as a teenager on first dates and more recently taking my husband and 3 year old boy here for their lunch time buffet. I knew it would still be amazing and it didn’t disappoint! The restaurant is stunning, and you know your in a Thai restaurant as you walk through the doors. The buffet was superb, it allowed my son to try new things, my slightly fussy husband to try new foods and me to eat a little bit of everything - not one thing was a disappointment. When my son started to get bored and wander around looking at the stairs and in the fish pond I was sad as I knew time was running out, we would have to leave but then a waitress picked him up and let him feed the fish, then took him to was his hands - he was in heaven being fussed over and my husband and I could relax and enjoy. Thank you for continuing to be amazing, can’t wait to come back

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Went for Mother’s Day and had a great meal. Loads of choice, freshly made and regularly replenished. Super friendly service. Highly recommend