“Fantastic food, great place”
Review of Veritas Wine Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Veritas Wine Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Daventry
“Fantastic food, great place”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Girly evening out for my birthday and Veritas didn't disappoint. We had the Camembert and Asparagus for starters and the Goats Cheese Roulade and Vegetarian Tartiflette for mains, with Triple Cooked Chips. All of the food was amazing, the staff were great and we had a drink on the terrace after, I can't recommend this little gem highly enough and we will be back!

• Visited July 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“This little friendly restaurant just gets better and better”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On Saturday four of us went for a meal, the staff, as always were terrific, efficient, friendly and great fun and they will all work as a team to provide the best possible service
The food is excellent French cooking and the Early Bird menu offers fantastic value, a three course meal for four people, a bottle of wine + an additional glass came to £81.00 and worth every penny. If you've not tried it what are you waiting for??

• Visited June 2013
Cheshire
“Used to be excellent; now ...”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visited again, looking forward to another great meal and superb service. Sadly, not to be. Two staff, front of house, which was fine when we arrived. Starters, fine. No problem. Main course? Two of us were lucky but the third member of our party was served a look-warm meal on a cold plate. Possibly this was because the restaurant had been swamped by a very large party (booked in) and the two members of staff were over taxed by the rush. Not good. The nearly cold meal was taken away and re-heated. The staff dashed about, occasionally throwing us a curt 'Everything all right?' over a shoulder and not waiting to hear a reply. Great pity; we've had good times there but I'd hesitate before booking again. Hence the 60% rating.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank timidimp
“Never again”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is one of two bad reviews I have written in the two years i've had trip advisor. I only review badly if I feel it is truly justified and I feel it most certainly is in this case. I visited for the first time two Saturdays ago with a group of 9 for a birthday party and if it wasn't for fear of tainting the birthday boys night I would have refused to pay. I am vegetarian and I ordered the mozzarella starter and it was literally a single slice of mozzarella (you can get a ball of the same quality for about a quid in tescos) on a bit of scattered rocket, a slice of red pepper and a bit of sauce. The sauce was tasty but seriously - nearly 7 quid for that??? I'm quite the food connoisseur but that is just unacceptable to me. The main was some sort of vegetable bake. Basically rubbery mushrooms and a HUGE inedible sloppy ball of spinach which had to be removed leaving pretty much nothing to eat. And coleslaw (?!!!!) on the side? Bizarre and unappetising. My partner had the cassoulet and it came out just slopped in a brown dish like dog food. No side, no bread, nothing. Absolutely disgusting I was fuming. If this offends the chef then so be it - to charge such extortionate prices you should be serving fabulous well thought out food. I've had miles better in Wetherspoons for 13 quid for two of us. Also - this may sound pernickety but the waitresses were both wearing jeans and scruffy shoes etc. you'd think for a posh restaurant and wine bar they would buck their ideas up. Never ever ever again. Pretty little place - such a shame.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank HollySkyeL
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We eat out as a group quite a lot. We were impressed with the menu. The atmosphere was really relaxed. The food was wonderful and the staff were really friendly and welcoming.