“Dinner with friends”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We eat out as a group quite a lot. We were impressed with the menu. The atmosphere was really relaxed. The food was wonderful and the staff were really friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We targeted the early bird evening offer 6.00 to 6.45 p.m and were not disappointed. The pear starter was an incredible blend of flavours while the lamb tagine and tiramisu maintained a high standard for the evening. II was quite busy in the restaurant but the staff provided high quality service with a smile and the whole atmosphere and surroundings contributed to a very enjoyable occasion.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We found this little wine bar after a walk into town, we enjoy trying new places & this looked worth a try!

We were not disapointed.. Me & my partner really enjoyed our meal here, we went early evening for the early bird menu which meant 2 courses were only £9.95 - great value for money. The food is really tasty and fresh, our starters were delicious. I went for the bean cassoulet with a variety of meats for the main and the only thing I that put me off a little is that I could not tell which meat was which. Apart from that all was well and my partners dish was also really nice. However, as mentioned in other reviews the portions are quite small so I would recommend a dessert if you are used to big meals. For me this was just the right amount of food. Inside it was romantic and the place had a lovely feel to it. Staff are friendly and the service is on form, no complaints. We really enjoyed our visit here. This is definately a little gem in Banbury and is worth a visit.

1  Thank ZD92
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This Restaurant provides honest no frills french cooking, the atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff give you the feeling you really are welcome and they take on board any comments you may wish to extend. the lunch menu and the early bird from 18,00hrs to 18-45hrs is incredible value at around £12.95 for three courses. The overall service is efficient, extremely friendly and definitely not overbearing, each time I have visited Vardis the staff have been consistently efficient and all work as a team to ensure the customer is not left wanting. I have used this restaurant three times now and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for value, quality and service, go for it!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went here for the first time last week with my family, we had the early bird menu for £12.50. This was really good value and the food was really excellent, as was the friendly efficient service. I would recommend giving this a try, I will certainly be back.