“Lovely B&B”
Review of Hanwell House

Hanwell House
Ranked #1 of 37 Banbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A very, very nice B&B and a change from a hotel. On the edge of an estate just outside Banbury. We had a pleasant walk into Banbury along the canal, Jan was very helpful and gave us a map before we set off, had a good night out at The Mill Arts centre and then a cheap taxi ride back to the B&B ,£4.50! A good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and a fantastic breakfast the next morning, cereals, toast, homemade jam and marmalade and then the traditional fry-up. What more could you want?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at Hanwell House as it was very conveniently located for some workshops I was attending. Having stayed here before I knew what to expect and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The warm welcome, the extremely comfortable rooms, the quality breakfasts - everything you would expect from a 1st class B&B. Jan is a natural hostess and the friendly ambience that pervades her home makes a stay at Hanwell House a unique and very real pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My stay was cut short due to illness however I would highly recommend this B & B. Jan and Nigel are excellent hosts, nothing is too much trouble.I mentioned that I was travelling to Silverstone, and at breakfast the following morning was presented with a route map, including the location of all the speed cameras!
Lovely room and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
Breakfast was top notch

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at Hanwell House for 4 weeks for business. I spent a wonderful time there. The first meeting was so lovely, so I felt comfortable immediately.
Hanwell House is not only a B&B, it is like a 2nd home with an ecxellent breakfast.
Jan and Nigel are very lovely owners and helped me to settle in very fast.
The rooms are lovely and very clean. There is everything what you need.
If you need help or something is missing, ask Jan, she takes care about it. And Nigel is a good travelorganizer.

Thank you Jan and Nigel for this wonderful 4 weeks. You are lovely hosts :)
I felt like a family member not as a guest.
I will come back soon :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Hanwell House for my friend's wedding, with her sister and Mum and step Dad. The service was just amazing, much more than you would expect from a B&B! Jan and Nigel went out of their way to make the stay really special, from the bunting and bubbles in the bride's room the night before the wedding, to playing nursery rhymes for the children (4 flower girls and 1 paige boy) as they ate their lunch, to even going to the effort of delivering my case to me the next day as I had left it behind! The rooms were spotless, warm and so comfortable, there were lovely hot showers and fluffy towels, and the breakfast in the morning was delicious with lots of locally sourced produce. The whole experience was really special, and we are so grateful to Jan and Nigel for their kindness and all that they did-which was well beyond our expectations. We would definitely recommend a stay in Hanwell House for anyone in the area, and would certainly love to return ourselves in the future! Many thanks again for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at Hanwell House the evening before my wedding and words cannot express how wonderful Jan was from the moment I went to look around to the day of the wedding itself. She is the most warm, friendly, helpful and kind host you could ever wish for! Jan was incredible in enabling my special day to run smoothly and went so far beyond what is expected even in an outstanding B&B! She helped me find a hairdresser before the wedding, booked a table for us at the local pub (who even provided good luck balloons!), put bunting and champagne in our room, bought us magazines, helped me get my dress ready...! She is incredibly flexible and nothing is too much trouble - and so well organised too!

The rooms are warm, cozy and immaculately clean. The beds are extremely comfortable, with lovely pillows and duvets! The shower is powerful and bathroom superb! All in all, this is just the dream place to stay the evening before your wedding! Breakfast was delicious, with a wide range of foods to choose from.

On the day of the wedding, it was a little hectic to say the least, with lots of people coming and going and children everywhere. Nigel and Jan were amazing and so patient, kind and calm with everyone; they were so key in enabling the day to run as smoothly as it did! They even provided nursery rhymes and cbeebies for the little ones to keep they entertained. And as if they hadn't already done enough, after we left they brought my Mum's hat to the church and delivered my bridesmaids forgotten bag too!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to Jan and Nigel for their exceptional kindness and I simply cannot thank them both enough for everything they did.

I have traveled to many different countries and stayed in many many different hotels and B&Bs and this is by far the best in the world!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

You surely can say that this B&B is outstanding.Not just the facility, also the service provided. They make sure that you feel well and having a small chat is a must :)

I really want to say thank you for everything!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business