“Overpriced pasties with very little meat and loads of potato”

West Cornwall Pasty Company
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Banbury
Cuisines: Cafe, Fast Food, British
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Overpriced pasties with very little meat and loads of potato”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I usually frequent the other pasty shop in Banbury which Peter G has chosen to slate in his review. He states that West Cornwall Pasty Company pasties are full of filling, very tasty and not so overpriced as those from The Cornish Pasty and Tea Shop (not sure where he has got the name Banbury Pasties Restaurant from). From his review I was expecting great things. I could not have been more disappointed and am beginning to wonder if he has muddled them up. West Cornwall pasties are about £1.00 more expensive and it was difficult to find any meat in the ones we had. The staff were polite and that is just about all. The pasty shop across the square are a family run business who take pride in making their customers feel welcome. Indeed I was there on one occasion when an ambulance arrived because a gentleman seated outside was taken ill so the comments about the lady having a diabetic turn seem completely out of character.
I have no doubt where I will continue to spend my money in the future.

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty pasties (unlike its competitor)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a secondhand review, as my brother and mother very much enjoyed their takeaway from this establishment, which is very near to the marketplace - both the food and the service. We had split up during our most interestng walk round the town, using one of the free, and good, leaflets from the Tourist Information Centre in the main shopping centre.
The real reason for submitting this review is to advise people to steer far, far away from its more Banbury branded equivalent at the other top corner of, and on, the market place (which I could not find on TripAdvisor [I think it is called something like Banbury pasties restaurant]). We ate at the latter, a latish lunch with minimal choice left, brusque and no-sign-of-being-more-than-minimally-friendly vendor (even to a woman whose friend was having a diabetic 'turn'), and very pastry-minimal-filling pasties at the usual significant overprice for such items. Mine was so grim that I topped it up with a fresh-off-the-pig pork roll at a street vendor not far away (which I would have chosen first off, had my wife not wished to sit down). Needless to say, that was far tastier and half the price.

• Visited October 2013