“Excellent food, service and surroundings!”
Review of Horse and Groom

Horse and Groom
Ranked #35 of 204 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I booked a table for 8 on a Saturday lunch time for my birthday recently. We were seated in the newly refurbished snug area which was lovely. The food was excellent, the service we received was fantastic and the atmosphere was a good combination of a restaurant within a country pub.
I would definitely recommend the Horse and Groom Inn at Milcombe, five stars easily!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Five of us went to this pub/restaurant for Sunday lunch with a Mothers day menu (2 Mothers). The food was superb - the beef was the best that we had had for a very long time (3 had beef) - the pork was also excellent. A gift was provided for the Mothers and one child, on entry, which was worth having and a very nice touch. The service was extremely efficient delivered by young ladies with big welcome smiles. The whole atmosphere was conducive to a very enjoyable lunch and our compliments are extended to all staff involved both in the kitchen and restaurant.

1  Thank Max270243
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This place will take some beating for their Sunday roast beef lunch, certainly one of the best I have ever had - and I've had more than a few. Celebrated my daughter's birthday, lots of lovely Rioja and two courses for five of us was a very reasonable £170.00.

I will certainly be going again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

An excellent meal for two at reasonable prices. Good atmosphere and very helpful and friendly staff. Nice warm pub atmosphere.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Possible to fit us in for dinner please, I asked.
If you can get here before 7:30 no trouble was the reply. We did.
Service was excellent, beers good. fire roaring !
Three courses of good British grub, no skimping, no frills. Well served, well cooked and well eaten. £25/head with some beers. I will be back.