“The Best Chippy in Oxfordshire? Quite Possibly!!!”
Review of Banbury Fish Bar

Banbury Fish Bar
Ranked #43 of 204 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Okay so by now you may have realised that I like my beloved fish and chips, and that I travel quite a bit too. Every week me and hubby have fish and chips without exception. In fact we look forward to it and often try them when we are not local. What you don't know is that for me to be bothered to write a review on here, then the subject has to be either really awful or something that is very, very good at least. I am delighted to tell you that this chippy is a great one! Yes Banbury Fish Bar is a real proper does exactly what is says on the tin, Top Chippy! The place is clean, staff are friendly and the food is fresh and very, very good. As for price you can't complain either because it is just about right. One of the other things that I like here is the consistency, we have been here now some half a dozen times during 2013 and it has always been spot on. In fact I hope to visit more during 2014. There is also a feel of tradition here too, with an eat in restaurant allowing for around 30ish people to dine in, and it always seems to have a number of people either eating in or getting their food to take away. I really can't fault the place, pure white cod, good batter, which is not too greasy or stodgy, and fresh traditional chips that are cooked to perfection. Lovely fish and chips and a very generous sized portion too, you will enjoy them, no doubt about it.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We tried this Fish and chip shop a few months ago and I just had to go again.
It is in the center of Banbury down from Barclays bank and has seating for about 30-40 people.
It is clean and the waitresses are friendly and professional.
The Fish & Chips are on par to any northern seaside town chippy.
Served piping hot and freshly cooked with batter to die for. A mug of tea is not to be missed as it was piping hot and thirst quenching (better than my husband makes)!
if you get the chance try this gem as it really knocks the socks off any other eatery in Banbury.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I can categorically say I have never tasted fish and chips quite like those on offer at the Banbury Fish Bar. Sometimes when you just have to treat yourself or you're walking past the shop in town you cannot resist the smell of this chip shop.

The staff are really friendly and will often have a conversation whilst your meal is being prepared. There is also a restaurant/indoor seating area which is a waitered service.

However if you only want to buy from the take-away then being situated in the middle of Banbury town centre, you may not want to have to pay for parking. My solution to all this is to park in the Matalan/Bowling alley car park (around the back of the chippy, off George Street) which is free for the first 15 minutes. There is a rear entrance to the chip shop which customers can use for easy access.

Out of all the others in Banbury, this plaice (see what I did there?!) gets my top marks!

1  Thank SamS432