“Adult family lunch”

Ranked #109 of 205 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have just been for a family lunch for four of us at the Cromwell Lodge. I have been there before but only for a quick lunch. I was going to try the 3 course fixed menu but in the end I only had two courses and a different dessert. I started with the breaded garlic mushrooms and they were as good as other restaurants I have been to. I had fish, chips and mushy peas for the main. I was well cooked and a reasonable sized portion. I finished with the summer pudding and custard, which again was very tasty. We also had a bottle of prosecco to accompany the meal. The service was good, the staff very friendly and pleasant. We have already decided that we will return again as it was a very nice meal and good value.

Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Cromwell Lodge Hotel Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our Food and Restaurant, we have changed our menu since your visit and we hope you will enjoy this just as much

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at the hotel and opted to eat in on one night. We found the staff helpful, the menu extensive and the food good. As tourists it was still a nice place to eat - a very character filled restaurant

Thank you for your kind words, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to our Team, we hope you will visit the Cromwell Lodge again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter and I have been several times good value and service also been with work and in the busy Christmas season, truly disappointed service between courses slow.Table booked half seven mains came at 8.45 starters three came out before other two. Colin disappointed what should have been a nice night had the edge taken off Colin complained as we can't chuck money about the discounted the bill the Manager looked mortified it was obviously a bad day but they were not that busy. Would return but if service continued would not return again you let your selves Down this evening shame as it should have been specialnight.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, we apologise for any inconvience or upset caused by the delay in service, we take all feedback seriously and we have taken measures to ensure that waiting times are reduced. We hope to welcome you back to the Cromwell Lodge soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went for a Sunday meal with my husband and the service was very good and delicious food. The staff were polite, professional, very efficient and the prices were reasonable. We would definitely recommend the Cromwell Lodge. We look forward to eating there again soon.

We appreciate all comments and feedback left by our customers and guests, and we are pleased you enjoyed your meal, we now have a new menu, do not forget to come in and try, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went for a ball, It was in a tent attached to the hotel. where it was really hot or really cold. The food took forever to come out . So long that the d.j had played his piece before we had finished eating. Then when we did manange to get to the bar after the meal it was shutting. The staff were rude and the manage was also. No unthis hotel.iforms and looked scruffy. Made to feel like they were doing us a favour. Would never recommened

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we do apologise for the delay in service you experienced, we have taken steps to improve our waiting times for food. We hope to welcome you back to the Cromwell Lodge in the near future.