“Good, quality place to eat in restaurant.”
Review of Reg's Cafe

Reg's Cafe
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Reg's Cafe offer a wide range of hot and cold food,snacks and drinks to eat in or take away. Ranging from all day breakfasts, main meals, jacket potatoes, baguettes, pastries and cakes, freshley ground coffee and tea. Great value for money and a warm friendly atmosphere. Opening hours are Monday-Friday 7.30Am-2.30pm, Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm, Sunday 9am - 1pm. WINNER OF BEST CAFE/ BISTRO IN THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND for three years 2014, 2015 & 2017. AT THE FOOD AWARDS. WINNER OF BEST CAFE IN OXFORDSHIRE 2014. WINNER OF BEST RESTAURANT IN OXFORDSHIRE 2013 BY PUBLIC VOTE AT THE OXFORDSHIRE RESTAURANT AWARDS. The cafe has been given THE BLUE RIBBON by THE GOOD FOOD GUIDE for two years running 2017 and 2018.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Staff were really helpful and friendly. Good food served on hot plates. What a pleasure! Generous portions and very high standard of cleanliness.

2  Thank Kat G
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. Its always nice to get feed back from our customers.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I work nearby so was pleased to see this place open up. It promised better quality food than the nearby mobile caterer. To start with the food was great and not too bad on the value when you take into account the overheads, and 5 star rating. My moan is that when I first had a sausage sandwich it consisted of 2 sausages, which I can confirm like all the other reviewers are of top quality, my moan is that at the beginning your sandwich was made up of 2 sausages, but now you only get one and a half but still the same price.
Come on Reg, go back up to 2 sausages for a sandwich, and I will certainly come back.

1  Thank msh711
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi, Thanks for your review and I'm glad you like our cafe! I'm disappointed to hear you only had one and a half sausages in your sandwich. We still do put two sausages cut in half in our sandwiches, so I apologise if you did have that and I will investigate why that happened. Please always speak to me if anything is not right on the day and it will be put right instantly. I don't like to think that people are leaving the cafe not having enjoyed their meal or not had what they are expecting. Hopefully you will visit the cafe again soon and we can make sure everything is to your satisfaction, If you come and speak to me personally I will give you a sausage sandwich on the house, in hope this makes up for our error. Please email me at tasty@regscafe.co.uk so this can be arranged. Many thanks.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I work in Banbury and always buy the local paper and was interested to see all the advertising so thought I would go and find out for myself what Reg's was all about. My first surprise was the situation, I was not expecting a transport cafe in the middle of a trading estate. The cafe itself was clean enough but I was not wowed by the food - it was ok but no more than that, the chips did have a bit of a funny taste about them. I have had better for less money elsewhere. Cakes appeared to be the normal bought in stuff that is sold by catering suppliers and can be bought at any food outlet apart from the high end ones. I am not sure that I will be going back again.

3  Thank coralash
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2016

To all potential customers,
Please ignore this response as I can now prove that this review has been written by a competitor who is also in the food business in Banbury. I cannot name them for legal reasons but please read their other reviews of other food outlets in Banbury. As you will see they are all bad, you can make up your own mind. It is such a shame they feel they have to do this as we operate in a small town where we should all support each other. Thank you.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I ate here today and found the place to be clean. The staff were friendly. I did find it rather expensive though and didn't really think the food was very good. Also the portions were rather small. I ordered chips and they tasted funny like the oil in the fryer needed changing.

Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit. However I am disappointed that you didn't mention anything at the time to either my staff or myself to give us the opportunity to put it right, especially as you said in your review we were friendly! I am also very surprised that you found the meal expensive and small, on the basis that nothing in our cafe costs over £5 except for a mega breakfast which is mega! which also includes tea and toast and only costs £6.95. All our meat is supplied from a five star rated butcher, bread is fresh daily, all meals and cakes are made fresh in house, eggs are free range and organic, all food is cooked fresh to order, baked beans and sauces are all Heinz, need I go on. We also have a five star hygiene rating and our fryer oil was changed on Monday this week and also Wednesday. As it is changed regular and fryers, cookers and all kitchen equipment are deep cleaned on a regular basis. I have however looked at all your 51 past reviews of which the majority are all negative. You also complain on a regular basis that the food is over priced, small portions and of sub standard. So I will have to except on this basis you are very hard to please, like very big portions and like very cheap food! For any potential customers reading my response please read this reviewers previous reviews first before making up your own mind. I will always put a problem right if I get the opportunity. Please read our previous reviews or our recommendations on our face book page or pay us a visit to see for yourself. Thank you.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Found this cafe' on trip advisor. Previous reviews are accurate. The cafe' is clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. The staff are friendly and hard working. The ethos is all about providing good value food from the best quality locally sourced ingredients. Food was freshly cooked and still served quickly. Owner Reg, told us the meat was from a butcher in the nearby village of Fritwell. I have to say that the Sausages are so wonderful we went straight to the butcher's to stock up the freezer.
Can't wait to visit Reg's cafe' again soon, With meals on average at £5 each we can make a habit of eating there.

1  Thank GenegenieBanbury
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Especially after you found us via trip advisor! It was nice to meet you and hope you come in and see us again soon. Best wishes.