“Great lunch meeting”

The Three Pigeons Inn
Ranked #13 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Settled in the heart of Banbury The Three Pigeons Inn has been at the very heart of the community since it first opened its doors back in the 17th Century. It has created so many memories for customers of all ages and taken its rightful place in the hearts and minds of the many residents both in the town and in the surrounding areas. The Three Pigeons Inn has being lovingly restored to its former glory and has now achieved it's first AA Rosette. It is now a free house with guest accommodation, with our main focus being our fabulous food. We offer modern English cuisine prepared freshly using locally sourced produce by our award winning Head Chef. Throughout its vast restoration project, and since opening, the motto at The Three Pigeons Inn has always been to do everything to the best of our ability, the end result speaks for itself. We have now passed that motto on to our team, whether it's a morning cappuccino next to one of our coal burners, or a three course meal in our Winter Garden, The Three Pigeons Inn will always deliver 10 out of 10. The Three Pigeons Inn is opening its wings to invite you into areas of the building previously hidden from sight. They are now being used to create a space for you to relax and enjoy the company of friends and family. What you will find in place of the old neglected lounge is a transformation to the extraordinary. The bar will be a central feature so that our friendly staff are never too far away. Three guest bedrooms have been added along with a new Kitchen and Beer cellar. The gardens have been landscaped and a function room has been built.
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Great lunch meeting”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff were courteous and helpful from the moment I arrived. Excellent freshly brewed coffee, free wi-fi and music at a pleasant volume were all big pluses as I had an hour's work to do before a colleague and a client arrived for lunch. The food was very good, my fish & chips hot and tasty, the doorstep sandwiches of my colleagues substantial - there was no fuss when Alex asked if she could have half her sandwich wrapped to take home, which shows that staff are well briefed and/or trained. When I'm back in Banbury, I shall be back there for lunch again.

• Visited April 2013
PSB10, General Manager at The Three Pigeons Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you found The Three Pigeons Inn a good venue for your business lunch, and that the team looked after you well. We also have a private function room if you were ever to want a slightly larger private space for a business meeting. The function room is fitted with a 60” LED multi-functional screen with PC link-up for your presentations.

We hope to see you again soon.

N.W.Leicestershire
“Second Visit”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had dinner here on a weekday and dined off the set menu. Good value and very pleasant Recent visit was a Saturday night for a large group. My husband and I weren't impressed with our main meals but starters of goats cheese and wood pigeon were excellent. At this stage I don't think the quality here quite matches up to with prices. It works out to be an expensive meal but misses the wow factor!

• Visited March 2013
Paul B, General Manager at The Three Pigeons Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you thought our prixe fixe menu offers pleasant food at good value; we have constructed the menu with the same ethos as our a la carte menu. Everything is homemade, using the best local ingredients and cooked freshly to order by our team of chefs.

I am sorry that on your second visit you did not feel that your meal was up to our usual high standards. Myself and the team, both front of house and kitchen always like to deliver 10 out of 10 (giving our customers that all important wow factor.) I would be incredibly grateful if you would let me know more details about your meal so I can discuss it with the team and work on your points to ensure we can improve, and deliver our usual wow factor at all times.

My email address is manager@thethreepigeons.com

Thank you again for your review.

Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Never been but will again Now!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

An "end of an Era" lunch at the 3 Pigeons was a very good move. The waitress was very pleasant and very helpful with the food selection albeit from a limited menu but a wise decision by the owners. The food was tasteful and the lively ambience created a successful sending off. only criticism was that it lacked a choice (if any) of vegetarian meals. I believe this is being looked into at this time.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that The Three Pigeons was an excellent venue for your
end of an era meal!

The front of house staff are incredibly dedicated to their work, and will be thrilled to read your review.

With regards to the comments of limited vegetarian options on our menu, you will be pleased to know that we have just launched our new spring menus, which have a much larger range of food suitable for vegetarians and vegans all homemade and cooked freshly by our team of chefs. Please have a look at our website www.thethreepigeons.com to see all of our up to date menus.

I hope you visit us again soon.

Derby
“Delicious Food & Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We managed to book the last table on a Friday evening and we're really glad that we did. From the moment we entered we noticed that this was a popular place not only for meals but even just drinks in the bar area. There was a friendly buzzing atmosphere and everyone, staff and other customers were smiling.

We were offered the choice of a pre dinner drink in the bar or to go straight to our table, we didn't feel at all rushed even though the place was full. Our starters and mains were delicious - the fillet steak with scallops was fantastic and left us too full to try any of the puddings!

The quality of the food, atmosphere and service certainly justify the higher end prices and if we find ourselves in Banbury again, we'll definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank oldfishes
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal. We will always try and fit people into our restaurant where we can. I do hope that if you are in Banbury again you come and visit us...remember we do have 5 star accommodation on site as well, if you wanted an extended stay with us.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“I ignored my dad”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

When I first came down t Banbury in the late sixties my father told me "never go in Three Pigeons", and being the dutiful son and mindful of my own safety I heeded that advice for over 40 years until last night.

The place was packed two or three birthday groups,couples and us group of old farts carefully placed out of everyone's way,terrific welcome from very attractive staff who continued to give brilliant and smiley service thought the evening and a friendly farewell at the end.

Sadly we forget our age and peculiar long forgotten thoughts enter our heads to be dashed when we realise the 40 year age gap may be a major issue,ah well.

The Three Pigeons is a bit like Dr Whos Tardis ,it doesn't look that big but once inside there is masses of space,very cleverly split into separate rooms and little corners, and the quality of the refurb is definitely top draw, one of our party , a local architect was beside himself.

Excellent merlot in the biggest glasses I have ever seen and a set meal chosen by architect Roger for us all, a tian of vegetables as a starter which I would not normally have chosen ,but one the nicest things I have eaten, I may well become a veggy and grow my hair,wear sandals and start going to folk clubs.

Main was perfectly cooked duck with a terrific mix of veg cooked just the way my mum would have liked,there is a great leaning these days towards waving veg under boiling water an dishing them up,The Three Pigeons got them spot on.

Pudding was a crumble and custard followed by a double espresso, the only mistake I made as it kept me awake all night, so there we are six old boys,well fed,well watered and all in love ( again ).

Now I put on my professional reviewers hat, Banbury has for many many years been a graveyard for gourmets,many have tried...remember the Peppermill on south bar....the big place by the cross...The Old Auctioneer in Parsons Street that opened with such a blaze and is now extinguished ...even Veritas has slipped recently. So I really do wish The Three Pigeons the very best of luck it is a real oasis in a town where dressing up to go out on a Saturday means putting on a shell suit, best of luck guys ..but I fear you may be too good for us.

Visited April 2013
Dear Customer.

I am pleased you did ignore the advice and come and visit us at The Three Pigeons Inn. Thank you for the lovely review you left us. The staff were thrilled to read it, and it put a smile on all of our faces.

We hope you come and visit us again soon.