“Lovely Pub, Beer and Food”
Review of Ye Olde Reindeer

Ye Olde Reindeer
Reserve with OpenTable
Ye Olde Reindeer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ye Olde Reine Deer Inn is the oldest public house in Banbury. Situated halfway down Parsons Street, in the town centre no visit to Banbury is complete without a visit to Ye Olde Reine Deer. A Hook Norton Brewery pub ensures the offering of mainstay Hooky beers and a seasonal guest, its even the breweries 'flagship' pub. The pub itself is over 400 years old and steeped in history and local folk law. The Globe room a hidden gem to the rear of the property used to be a common room for travelling gentry and is still clad in the original oak panelling, an incredible find and talking point. We serve food 12pm-3pm, 6pm-9pm Monday-Saturday and 2pm-3pm on Sunday. Ye Olde Reine Deer Inn has always had an impeccable reputation for great pub food and extremely well kept ale. We always aim to meet and exceed these very high standards.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub, Beer and Food”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Visited on recommendation from The Wine Vaults up te road. Stayed for over 2 hours and sampled all the lovely beers - food was lovely. Really enjoyed our visit

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bigmouth43

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Nice Pub”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped off at Ye Olde Reindeer in Banbury for a spot of lunch and a pint last weekend. Very nice on both counts - the food was reasonably priced and tasty, and the pub hosts a great selection of Hook Norton draught ales. Inside, the pub has a cosy feel with little nooks here and there and snug with wood panelling at the rear. There's also a little beer garden if the weather is fair to you.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LeeStJohn
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot of Lunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Took my girlfriend yesterday for a spot of lunch, as ever the staff were friendly, efficient and always smiling,
I have eaten many a times in the Reindeer and always been very happy with the food, and service.
Yesterday I ordered the Chicken Kiev and again it was fantastic, the Chicken was succulent and tasty! Greta value for money!!

2 Thank DonnieDarko67
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Unusually Awful...”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have frequented the Reindeer many times over the last 30 years or so (for food or just a drink) but my visit on Thursday 24th July was a real let down. I met my son there for a meal and we both ordered the hunters chicken. We have both had this dish before but on this occasion the chicken was dry and stringy. At first I thought perhaps the knife was blunt but unfortunately my chicken was inedible. The chips were overcooked so I couldn't eat those either. I did mention it to the waitress who came to check if our meal was ok but it wasn't until after we'd finished when someone came to ask why the plate had been sent back hardly eaten. I was offered a complimentary dessert or a drink but I declined. I don't know if there is a new chef or if it was the regular chef's night off but there is no excuse for serving inedible food. One small thing that peeves me with pubs and restaurants is when the (usually younger) waiter/waitress calls us 'guys'. I'm clearly female and of a certain age (ahem, late 40's) and it is not appropriate. They may think it is a friendly term but I can assure you, it is not.

JemM86, Owner at Ye Olde Reindeer, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Good afternoon Beverley,
Jem here from Ye Olde Reine Deer Inn. I'm really sorry to here of your visit that wasn't up to scratch. As with all customers reviews we take this very seriously and have taken all you comments on-board. To put your mind at ease we have completely reviewed our process of preparing our Chicken Kiev and Hunters Chicken dishes to ensure the continuity of quality. As way of apology we'd like to offer you a complimentary voucher for your next visit. Please email us thereindeerbanbury@gmail.com so we can forward this over to you. We do hope you give us the opportunity to make amends for our downfall, and look forward to hearing from you soon.
broadstairs
“Good food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great value for money, really good menu, lots to choose from and good portion sizes. We were made to feel welcome and remembered from a previous visit.