“The Purple Mango is better”
Review of Hanwell Arms

Hanwell Arms
Ranked #136 of 192 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lewes, United Kingdom
“The Purple Mango is better”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you are after beer and a cheap meal, the pub is OK but for a quieter and more sophisticated dining experience you are better off at the Indian restaurant across the road.

Visited February 2014
Hannahstubbings, Manager at Hanwell Arms, responded to this review, April 15, 2016
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit. You are more than welcome to contact me via emailing hanwellarms.banbury@marstons.co.uk. Thank you.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Good food at good prices”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Manager is a lovely lady at this Pub. The food is great at very good prices AND they do light bites for those that do not eat a big meal... This was our second visit and as it was Valentines Day, we were not sure what to expect, but it was PERFECT.....will definitely be going there again...hopefully soon..

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you soon!
Shipston on Stour, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Food is good, especially for the price. Huge portions! My boyfriend and I enjoyed a quiet lunch here.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful.”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

What can I say other than really obnoxious staff. Never again. I have never come across such rude and arrogant bar staff, being new to the area I thought I'd found a constable local pub, really disappointed with the food, although my meal arrived in good time I was saddened to find that it was cheap, frozen products that looked like they had been thrown on the plate from a distance.

3 Thank Lccl22
AnitaT616, Manager at Hanwell Arms, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. We have had a change in Management since your visit, and I would like to take the opportunity to show you how things have changed. Please feel free to contact me dirctly via email to discuss your visit, and the changes that have recently occoured.

ATHENS
“"Cod and chips in Oxfordshire"”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you visit Good Old England and you don't have a typical fish and chips then you don't know where you stand dear traveller. We asked for it and our local friends drove us for lunch time to Hanwell Arms in Banbury. The place set up is as it should be. The second impact for a foreigner is that customers are natives of all ages, which means that food quality is well accepted by tough audiences as grown up girls and boys. For beer I tried and stayed with Pedigree (why this name reminds me of my dog in Athens?) which is bitter enough for my taste and cold enough for my unforgiven Mediterranean origin, I am afraid..My lunch was cod fish with chips and more Pedigree to cool off. Just don't miss this place if your path passes through Banbury.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy you enjoyed your visit!