“St Davids Day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Saye and Sele Arms

The Saye and Sele Arms
Ranked #21 of 191 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: I want to write a review but your procedure is messing me about and putting me off.
Banbury, United Kingdom
“St Davids Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Another superb evening at the Saye & Sele, excellent food (Welsh flavour of course which included leeks and lamb) and served by Danny and Liz and staff who could not do enough for you
All the tables were decorated with daffodils which added to the ambiance and theme
The entertainment was supplied by Pete Watkins (Oxfordshires Tom Jones) and a good old sing-a -long was had by all
The Saye & Sele has built up a reputation for staging regular events and to celebrate special occasions with top class menu's and entertainment to include:-
SUNDAY 30th March Mothering Sunday
By popular demand they are having another Starters & Pudds Galore evening, will look forward to that

OTHER EVENTS FOR 2014. I have looked at their website
Italian Dining
Retro Dining Week Spring 2014
Hot & Cold Seafood Special
Curry Dinners
Meet The Brewer Night,
not forgetting the monthly family fun quiz with special menu
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Saye & Sele, it has everything you could wish for to make it a special evening out

• Visited March 2014

oxford
“Burns Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had a fantastic evening at the Saye and Sele last saturday. The food and service were brilliant andd Danny and his wife and the staff could not do enough for you. The entertainment was excellent with lots of scottish songs and then we had some cockney ones as well.

Would def recoomend

• Visited January 2014
Banbury, Oxford
“Fantastic food and lovely staff...great anniversary thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to the Saye and Sele last weekend for our second wedding anniversary. I was slightly apprehensive as we'd only been once before and that was on a lunch time when my now husband proposed.
From the moment we walked in we were welcomed by the lovely staff. They didn't have a wine I would normally choose, however spent time letting me try different ones and recommending until I found one which I liked.
We sat for a while with our drinks, browsing the menu. We didn't feel pressured to sit and order at our table straight away.
There was plenty of variety and choice on the menu. I had bruschetta to start, pork escalopes with apple mash for main and a beautiful white and dark chocolate dessert. I honestly can say it was one of the best meals I've ever had! The portions were generous too.
We sat and had a drink after and the owners both made an effort to chat even though they were clearly busy.
Overall, I can say we will definately be going back. We felt so welcome and the meal wa delicious!
Thank you for making our anniversary special!

• Visited November 2013
Oxfordshire
“Friendly family pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We just love eating at this pub, especially in the summer under the covered vine terrace. Their yorkshire puds are to be well appreciated.

• Visited July 2013
Solihull
“Good place for lunch before going to Broughton Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

A lovely friendly pub with an excellent menu. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. They were able to modify the meals to meet particular dietary needs. The pub is within easy reach of Broughton Castle which has limited catering facilities. The daily special- home-made fish pie was delicious and filling so we did not get a chance to try the desserts which sounded really tempting. We will go back another day as we were so impressed.

• Visited August 2013