“lovely affordable lunch”

Siam House
Ranked #20 of 205 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai cooks have never been in the habit of recording measurements of ingredients or time of cooking. They cook by experience and " feel" and the art of ancient recipes handed down in families, by practice. The Thai make much use in their food with such condiments, seasonings, sauces and flavourings such as fish sauce ( nam pla), including cardamom, coriander, anise, and other seeds, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Lunch is a light meal of noodles or fried rice. The main meal, one of rice with two or three dishes, is eaten in the evening. The dishes are not courses and are served all at the same time with plain steamed rice. You are meant to take a mouthful of this and a mouthful of that, some rice in between, in whatever order you like, enjoying the different tastes and textures of each mouthful.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my daughter came here for lunch. Simple decor with lovely staff and the food was amazing, i recommend pad thai, its lush. We also order for delivery sometimes, and its also good service. Will definitely come back.

1  Thank Jo_9874

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I visited the Siam House last night with friends. I love Thai food so was looking forward to it. The restaurant is quite small and luckily we had booked because it was full.

I ordered the coconut soup and it was delicious! I had a thai green curry for main and was a bit worried as its a favourite of mine and I can be a bit fussy. But it was lovely. I'm not usually a fan of the peanutty dishes but tried my friend's ones and they were scrummy.

The staff were really friendly and helpful with the menu. I would certainly visit here again.

1  Thank derosnay
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our first experience with Thai food so we have no other reference. We enjoyed the meal a lot, specially the sticky rice. The place was pleasant and the waitresses, very efficient. There were other customers who seemed to know them well as they kissed the owner when they arrived; so this means that many people repeat their visit.

1  Thank MariaGracia_10
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for a few years, the family opened it up when they moved here from Thailand. The food is out of this world! I highly recommend their mixed starters and weeping tiger, I have been to many Thai restaurant s and this is by far the best. The restaurant is very intimate and the staff cannot do enough to help you.

2  Thank holcadman
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Family owned and run restaurant with great quality food. Recommended by Treetops guesthouse where we were staying and we really enjoyed the meal. Thanks...

3  Thank Tufryandco