“Perfect Easter Break”

Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel has a lot of caracter, specially being built originally many centuries ago, the rooms were perfect for me and the family with a nice sofa bed and a lounge area within the room. the bathroom was nice and clean with all the amenities.
The restaurant was also old and full of caracter, we did try the eggs benedict for breakfast and they were delicious, the kids also had plenty of cereals, yoghurts, cheese, ham, juices, etc....
During the evening we did stay in and we grab a drink at the bar, where an open fire place was on.
During my stay, James the Waiter and Thomas the Receptionist really helped with my family needs and put up with my 2 kids.
All in all fantastic relaxing stay at the Mercure Banbury - Thank You

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, it was really good and big.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post you lovely comments following your families Easter break with us and I am very happy that you all enjoyed yourselves so much. Especially thank you for your lovely words about James and Thomas, I will be sure to pass your comments onto them.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mercure Whately Hall in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thank you for another great stay :) we often stay at hotels within the Mercure group and yours is one of my favourites. Yet again we enjoyed staying in room 41. Check in was a pleasure, dinner was also a hit, we ate in the bar again which suits us - the steak was very good.

After a faultless nights sleep, we enjoyed a lovely freshly cooked breakfast, I spotted chef a number of times popping out to check that the food was as it should be and topping up where required.

Can't wait to come and stay again soon. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay here with us, I am glad to hear we are one of your favourites !

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your accommodation and all of your meals with us and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Once again, many thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 1.30pm and they checked us straight in and have us a free upgrade in the new part with a view of the gardens. Staff are excellent very friendly and helpful. Room was a good size very clean and had everything you would need for a stay. Only problem the room was a bit hot but opening the window sloved this problem! Location is perfect right in the town centre. I would recommend this hotel for a trip to Banbury or Bicester . Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments that you posted after your stay here with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves, I am sorry that the room was too hot, it can be difficult in such a large building to get the temperature to suit all of our guests, but I am glad that you made it comfortable by opening the window.

Once again many thanks I look forward to being able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff and a good restaurant with quality food. The rooms are a bit of a lottery depending on where you get put. If you end up in the old part of the hotel the acoustics are pretty good and it is quiet although the rooms can be a bit dark. If you end up in the new bit of the hotel the rooms are too hot and the acoustics are awful. I got woken by a neighbouring customer and had to endure a 20 minute mobile phone conversion of pure drivel (where I could hear every word) because there was a door between the adjoining rooms. As I had to get up before 6am this disrupted my sleep.

Room Tip: Not room 87!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ECEB

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following one of your stays here with us, I appreciate your comments about the team here and the food, I am very sorry for the disturbance you encountered, should you choose to stay with us in the future please feel free to contact us in advance and request a room in the older part of the hotel where the walls are much thicker.

Once again my apologies for the disturbance and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you here again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed at a few Mercure Hotels through the UK on business and have always found them to be very good , but this stay was for a get together with friends. We were upgraded to a bigger room on arrival with a separate lounge area which gave us more space. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Would definately stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Following on from your recent stay with us here at Mercure Whately Hall Hotel and I would like to say thankyou for your positive comments regarding your stay and am very pleased that you would choose to stay with us again in the future.

Once again, many thanks

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this hotel as part of the tesco voucher offer and have to say that all the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. When we checked in we were given a choice of rooms either in the new part or the old part, we chose the old part and have to say its one of the biggest hotel rooms we stayed in, with a lovely view over the gardens and very clean.

At breakfast there was a very good choice of hot and cold buffet and once again nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

The location of the hotel is brilliant only a few mintues walk into town and to the train station, there are also plenty of places to eat very close by.

I am already looking to book up again and will be recommending this to my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review that you posted after your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed both your accommodation and breakfast so much, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding the team to them, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mercure Whately Hall in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We wanted somewhere in Banbury to met some friends for coffee. we c hose the Whately as it is convenient and has always in the past been a top notch place to have coffee.
what a disappointment. No fires in either the entrance lobby or bar despite it being a bitterly cold day with snow on the ground.
the tables were grubby and the waiter's uniform needed cleaning.
there seemed a general lack of care about the hotel's presentation taking the edge off generally pleasant and helpful staff and a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit and I am very sorry that your experience was not satisfactory, I have taken note of your comments regarding the tables and the uniform and we were in the process of getting one of the chimmeys swept as it was not functioning properly.

Once again thank you very much for your review.