“Clean, if a bit tired”

Best Western Banbury House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the Banbury House a few times over the past 2 weeks. It's comfortable and clean, and the food is decent.

While it could be said that the hotel rooms are a bit dated, with flowery curtains etc, its comfortable and the rooms are well appointed with ironing board, tea and coffee facilities, TV and free wi-fi. My only complaint is that the rooms are really hot, especially with the high temperatures in recent days. There's no air conditioning in the rooms but they do provide a small noisy electric fan.

Staff are friendly and efficient - food prices are a little high, but that is to be expected in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jonny_Wilko

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked the Best Western in Banbury at the weekend.

The location is great for exploring the region.

Loud music.

The star of the hotel would have to be Nathan who served in the bar , the breakfast room and room service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My first experience with this hotel was a very good one. The hotel gave me a real English hospitality experience. Food was great, room was great. I will certainly go back.
The lobby was a good place to read or to work if you don't want to do this in the solitude of your room. Private car park.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a lovely hotel that offers exceptional service from it's very friendly team of staff. The hotel itself has character, as you would expect from a hotel located in Banbury town centre. The rooms are clean with modern decor and comfortable enough to guantee a good nights sleep. Although this was a business trip, I would recommend the hotel for an enjoyable stay.
The food was good quality, choice and value, with a different room service andbar menu, so plenty on offer. Breakfast is very impressive, offering smoked salmon, kippers, smoked haddock, along the the more traditional full cooked breakfast.
Overall, book this hotel for a great stay. I have booked again for my next business trip and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hargreb
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Although in my 60s i'm still reasonably fit, but having to lug a large suitcase and a couple of smaller bags from reception to my room vis a maze of stairs and stair doors will ensure I travel light if I use this hotel again. As I only stayed one night I had barely recovered before repeating the process. Fortunately part of the return journey was downhill.
Having said that, the room was OK and the staff friendly enough.
The location of the hotel is good for town access which is only a short walk as well as for visitors wishing to explore the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the rear of the hotel unless you like sleeping with your windows closed. Traffic noise on th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It's the end of our trip. The hotels and B&B closest to Bicester and Oxford were sold out. So this place.

We checked in and were surprised that there are no lifts in the hotel. Some of my friends got the first floor.

I got the second floor and a half. Up to the second floor and then down half a floor.

No staff was there to help.

Otherwise, things worked. We did not book breakfast so we skipped out soonest.

There's got to be better places.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here in June for two nights on a deal which included dinner on the first night and cream tea on arrival. It was excellent value for money and although there were a few minor niggles (we asked for the cream tea as soon as we arrived as we were hungry, it arrived promptly but the scones were stale, this made us apprehensive about the food). We needn't have worried as everything else was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable and the restaurant food was very good. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I thought it was excellent value for what we had.

Room Tip: As the hotel is on a hill, there are a lot of stairs to climb up and down. I wouldn't recommend...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple