“Good Hotel and Staff”

Best Western Banbury House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed one night (Sat) at the Hotel. Arrived early and there was no problem with parking (behind the hotel) or checking in early. Very friendly and efficient reception staff. Good room on the front of the hotel. Room clean and bathroom as well. Needed more milk and coffee for the room. Asked at reception and this was provided straight away.
Banbury is a very nice town, we had a look at the cross and the lady on a white horse which is just down the road from the hotel. Went out for an eveing meal in town lots of nice pubs and restaurants. Came back to the hotel for a night cap in Bar 29 (Keeley) behind the bar was very friendly and full of information about the town. Would definately stay here again. Thank You

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Banbury House Hotel

Reviewed November 4, 2012

First the good. I left my wallet in the room when we left (I assume it fell out of my trousers and went under the bed), when we got home there was a telephone message telling me the wallet had been found so thank you to the receptionist and an special thank you to the chambermaid/cleaner for handing it in. Although the room was fairly small it was clean, warm and quiet, although nothing particularly special.
It was a shame the tv was so rubbish, just the 5 terrestrial channels which looked as if it was snowing on all 5. I did mention it to the receptionist and she promised to look into it but it was the same on Sunday morning as it was Friday. Normally I wouldn't worry about this too much but on the Saturday evening both my wife and I fell ill with food poisoning (NOT through this hotel but after a visit to the local Toby Carvery).
Banbury is a nice town with some good pubs and some fine old buildings (St Marys church just down the road from this hotel is well worth a visit even for non-believers like me). Avoid that Toby Carvery at all costs!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a 2-day break there on a Wowcher deal. The staff are very professional, warm, welcoming and helpful. Place was immaculately clean. I was most surprised by the food, which was essentially standard English fare but was cooked to a very high standard - fresh, tasty ingredients, always served hot on hot plates, and presented well. Very cozy place but admittedly for me this was down to the fact that it reminded me a little of Fawlty Towers in the decor. The decor is a bit dated but because it is so clean and well-presented that didn't matter. It was a lovely stay. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Petalblossom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was very difficult to find any fault with this hotel which is a good advertisement for the Best Western group, that we normally find to be a reliable brand. We had initially booked for one night. Reception was friendly and helpful and our room good, particularly the cleanliness. We ate in the bar which was cosy and the food good - I had a particularly nice fish stew. We decided it would be nice to spend some time exploring Banbury so we thought we would stay another night. Standard rooms were fully booked but we were offered a suite for £105, this was a superb room with a 5 or possibly 6 foot bed.a huge TV and comfortable sitting area. We thought good value for money and the change of rooms was carried out efficiently by the hotel staff. On our second night we opted to eat in the restaurant. We both thought the food was particularly good with a wide choice and excellent value for money. The only problem we had was controlling the temperature in the suite largely due to lack of instructuons rather than it didn't work. Overall a very enjoyable two days and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my first time in this hotel but I would certainly return , the hotel was very nice it was clean the food was very good and the staff very helpful . It was very easy to find with plenty of parking . The hotel was close enough to town to walk but far enough away that you didn't get troubled by any noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night en route to the south coast. For the amount we paid we found this hotel to be good value for money. The room we stayed in was quite small but all importantly it was clean. The bed was only double bed sized which is the only criticism we have. We found the staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was just right for us. We did not notice any traffic noise and found the location really convenient for the town centre and restaurants. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good location for our trip to Oxford. Hotel very nice. Rooms good size with good amenities. Bed comfortable shower good. Our room was next to the main road which was quite noisy. Breakfast was very good very busy the second day of our stay and coped well with the numbers. Staff were a little harassed and on the lower end of the helpful scale. My biggest complaint was how hot it was in the hotel. Hey it's October and I would sooner be hot than cold, it man there are limits. The first day at breakfast it was ridiculous and I was cheered when I opened a window. All in all though not bad although perhaps if I hadn't got the balance on tesco vouchers I might have been a little harshe. Banbury is a fab place and well worth a visit and this place not a bad base

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family