“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
UK
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed a this hotel with Applebys Coach Tour breaks.

Staff, Food, (upgraded room) was first class.

Cannot fault this hotel in any way.

pam

Room Tip: close to Banbury town
  • Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I spent a night at the Banbury House recently on a business trip. I booked this hotel due to being with co-workers with whom I was sharing a car.

I found the hotel to be very comfortable and quaint. The check-in/check-out was quick and service otherwise was quite helpful. We had to leave before the breakfast service began but were provided with room service of continental breakfast which was timely and tasty.

The hotel is just a few blocks walk from the town center where there are quite a few shops, pubs and restaurants of all types to choose from. We were only in Banbury a few hours that day but it seems like a nice little village to explore at another time.

My only complaint with the hotel would be the lack of a lift, otherwise it served our needs and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

Following on from the recent review entitled 'so lovely' I have to agree with all that is written. The hotel has a very nice feel about it, is immaculately clean and provides very friendly service at all times.

We actually used Tesco 'hotel vouchers' for our booking that were nearing the expiry date. Contacted the Best Western reservations and they took time to detail the hotels available and give details. Chose Banbury for it's locality to Stratford and the Cotswold villages and was very pleased with the outcome.

Allocated room 223 which is on the top floor so did not encounter any noise from above, which was fortunate as the floorboards in our corridor did 'squeak' a bit!! Room was very comfortable with a bath and power shower (very powerful!). As stated. service throughout the entire stay was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was cooked to order (or cerals, breads, pasteries and fruit from a top table) and was most plentiful. We did not eat in the restaurant but the menu did look appealing.

Overall, a most enjoyable stay at Banbury House.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clifftours_7
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is a really nice hotel close to the town centre. Can not fault the cleanliness and it is a well maintained hotel. Plenty of parking too.

The rooms were, clean, in good condition & the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately I did not sleep well as I was woken a couple of times by squeeky floorboards, I think from the floor above. I should add that I am a light sleeper & the rest of my family did not have this problem; We were in 114 & they were next door,

The restaurant offered a wide selection and we had an enjoyable dinner. The food was tasty, well presented and the service was good. Breakfast at the hotel was plentiful and again enjoyable.

I would give this hotel another try and hopefully get a room that isn't near any squeeky floorboards!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I recently spent the day at the Banbury House Hotel during a wedding fayre. The hotel has a relaxed vibe and even though there was plenty going on the staff were very helpful, organised and freindly.
The facilities available are fantastic.
Everytime I visit the hotel I always leave thinking they have taken great care of me and exceeded my expectations.
Try the pastries and biscuits with your coffee!
Thanks to Anna and the great team who look after you from the moment you walk through the door
I can't fault them!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

We have just had a very good stay at this hotel. We booked in as a party of 12 with 4 children and 8 adults for 2 nights. Our accommodation overall was good with very clean and comfortable rooms. We were booked into the hotel's restaurant for our first night and the food was delicious, however the staff did have a couple hicups with our order but this did not spoil our night. The staff were excellent in making our stay very enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfasts were waiter service and we had a good choice of food to satisfy our appetits. It was a 5 minute stroll into Banbury where we had a lovely latte from one of its numerous coffee shops. Overall a hotel I would recommend but if you have an elderly family member the stairs could be a bit tricky and lift would be helpful, however there are ground floor bedrooms which you could request.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Went to Banbury for a show at the Mill (The Dylan Project) and needed a stop over.

I have submitted adverse reports on two hotels previously, one bragging 5 Star status in London - not out of any spite but based on what I demand when paying for a room so it is with delight that I praise this lovely gem. They have a 3 star rating but deserve 7. Let me cite the pros - comfortable bed, clean and fresh décor, and lovely staff with a FRESH COOKED breakfast: simply perfect.

The cons ……………… we did not get snowed in for Christmas.

Thanks for a great one night stay – as the man says WE WILL RETURN and I suggest if you need a hotel in Banbury you try this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple