“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is a really nice hotel close to the town centre. Can not fault the cleanliness and it is a well maintained hotel. Plenty of parking too.

The rooms were, clean, in good condition & the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately I did not sleep well as I was woken a couple of times by squeeky floorboards, I think from the floor above. I should add that I am a light sleeper & the rest of my family did not have this problem; We were in 114 & they were next door,

The restaurant offered a wide selection and we had an enjoyable dinner. The food was tasty, well presented and the service was good. Breakfast at the hotel was plentiful and again enjoyable.

I would give this hotel another try and hopefully get a room that isn't near any squeeky floorboards!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I recently spent the day at the Banbury House Hotel during a wedding fayre. The hotel has a relaxed vibe and even though there was plenty going on the staff were very helpful, organised and freindly.
The facilities available are fantastic.
Everytime I visit the hotel I always leave thinking they have taken great care of me and exceeded my expectations.
Try the pastries and biscuits with your coffee!
Thanks to Anna and the great team who look after you from the moment you walk through the door
I can't fault them!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

We have just had a very good stay at this hotel. We booked in as a party of 12 with 4 children and 8 adults for 2 nights. Our accommodation overall was good with very clean and comfortable rooms. We were booked into the hotel's restaurant for our first night and the food was delicious, however the staff did have a couple hicups with our order but this did not spoil our night. The staff were excellent in making our stay very enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfasts were waiter service and we had a good choice of food to satisfy our appetits. It was a 5 minute stroll into Banbury where we had a lovely latte from one of its numerous coffee shops. Overall a hotel I would recommend but if you have an elderly family member the stairs could be a bit tricky and lift would be helpful, however there are ground floor bedrooms which you could request.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Went to Banbury for a show at the Mill (The Dylan Project) and needed a stop over.

I have submitted adverse reports on two hotels previously, one bragging 5 Star status in London - not out of any spite but based on what I demand when paying for a room so it is with delight that I praise this lovely gem. They have a 3 star rating but deserve 7. Let me cite the pros - comfortable bed, clean and fresh décor, and lovely staff with a FRESH COOKED breakfast: simply perfect.

The cons ……………… we did not get snowed in for Christmas.

Thanks for a great one night stay – as the man says WE WILL RETURN and I suggest if you need a hotel in Banbury you try this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenSolihull
Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

Booked for one night as we were having our staff Xmas Party so wanted to enjoy things without having to worry about driving home. The whole package - dining/music/bedroom was without fault. Were upgraded to a suite which was such a treat with fourposter bed and jacuzzi! Loads of pillows and clean bedding and towels.
Didn't sleep particularly well only because I do like my own bed and pillows more, so cannot use that as a fault against the hotel.
Staff were friendly and helpful, food is great. Bar prices are a bit high but that's always the case with hotels.
Would definitely recommend using this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lydia_martin
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

We found this hotel livis up to the high standard mentioned by previous guests.It is clean, modern and well located.
We took a 2 night weekend break with a three course evening meal on the first night for £129 ... and without doubt it was well worth the money.
The food was of a high standard and the room really clean and well appointed.
This hotel was staffed by by very friendly staff ... who were willing to help when required

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit this town or even the nearby Cotswolds...

This hotel is a maximum of a 10 minute walk from the town centre so is ideally located for that weekend shopping trip in Banbury......!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights, as i had organised our annual family reunion. I booked it because of the reveiws on this website, i was not disappointed, from the moment i emailed the hotel to the day we arrived everything was perfect. The age range of our group is from 30-70 and not one person could praise the staff enough. The rooms where spacious and the food outstanding. What great value for money we will be returning again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family