“VISIT AFTER MANY YEARS”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Yes, it was called the Old New Inn when we were there last! The food was indeed very good.
There is always a but... the delightful mini skirted waitress, Hannah, had the cope with the whole full restaujrant including the conservatory! This of course means one had to get up several times for things we needed. Quite unfair of the owners, they could easily afford at least three! We will go again to see if this is put right and if so it will be an our "regular visit" list

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Four of us went to the New Inn on a Sunday lunchtime to try out the restaurant. We were greeted on our arrival, ordered drinks and were taken to our table in the conservatory. We ordered our selection of food which started to arrive after a few minutes. I started with Plaice Goujons which were tasty. Being someone who enjoys a roast I followed with a pork roast, which had good sized portions. I was spoilt for choice with the different desserts but finally settled for Toffee Topolino which was delicious. All the food was well presented and none of us was disappointed with any of the different courses. All the staff were pleasant and it was busy with a continuous flow of dinners coming and going. The location of the New Inn is about 8 miles out of town and requires a transport to reach it.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We came in searching for a decent meal; the place and the setting are very pleasant but after waiting for 45 minutes for a burguer and a salad it kind of loses its charm. The burguer was ok and the chips were actually nice, but the salmon salad was the most disappointing and boring I had the pleasure of paying £10 for in ages. Bland, tasteless and just chucked on the plate. I had it as I was very hungry and did not fancy waiting for another 45 minutes for something else. When I raised this with the owner he said I should have said something and the time and I explained I did not want to wait - and quite frankly, why wait for more lettuce? The owner took my comments quite badly and in my opinion was less than professional in his response. I certainly would not recommend this pub.

2  Thank doig12
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've known this pub in various guises and seen its fortunes rise and wane, so we were pleased to see a full car park when we pulled up on a Saturday night. We were well aware they were busy, so were prepared for a bit of a wait. However it took a long time just to order and then 50 minutes before our starter arrived (bread and olives, nothing complex!) We'd had a long day so i was having a bit of a sense of humour failure, and it was impossible to catch a waitress's eye, let alone enquire after our food; however they had time to relay tables for the next day, which was irritating. The menu has lots of variety and we were both looking forward our main courses. The meat and potatoes were good, plenty of flavour and piping hot, but the veg were inedible - dried up carrots, rock hard broccoli and cauli. The waitress had asked if our food was OK before we had really had chance to taste it, so all we could confirm was that it was what we had ordered! We both left our veg and when we complained, were told that if we'd mentioned it we could have had some fresh veg - but we'd already waited long enough for our food. Not a great experience - during our visit another diner's 'sizzling steak' also set off the fire alarm! I suspect that the kitchen and waiting teams are very understaffed and the poor food and service was no individual person's fault, but it will be a long time before we risk it again!

2  Thank ironhorse_10
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Really impressed with the new menu, much bigger selection of meals which makes my menu choice harder. Had the salmon last week. Staff were more than happy to get the chef to remove the skin for me. the vegetables were lovely and cooked to perfection. The soup was lovely as a starter on a cold evening. Never had a bad meal here. People must love this restaurant as its always fully booked at weekends.