“Saturday night meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

F & B's is next door to the Holiday Inn in Banbury where we were staying for a few days. So we chose it primarily for its convenience after a long journey with small children. It was moderately busy and well staffed. We were shown to our seats promptly. Our hungry kids were served very quickly. The kiddies menu seemed reasonably varied and little ones could even customise their own pizzas. We adults all had the calamari as a starter. It was ok, but a little over-seasoned and a fairly small portion for £6.50ish each. Our main courses were good on the whole. After all the Christmas overindulgence, I picked a lighter choice pizza marinara. It consisted of a few prawns and anchovies tossed onto a tomato pizza base for £10ish. It was just about edible with a salty sharp tomato taste but I felt it was really overpriced for the toppings. Now I love anchovies and seafood but I'd definitely wouldn't choose that particular pizza again. Someone else had a burger which was good. But the standout meal was actually the vegetarian pizza. It was absolutely delicious and I wish I had chosen it. To summarise, we all thought the food was reasonably good - it's a chain, so what do you expect? It came to an eye-watering £94 which my sister kindly paid. She thought it was a bit steep for casual dining. However, despite the grumbles we would go back again but choose differently. The staff were really lovely and very attentive to us and the kids.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Got to Frankie and bennies there was only about 10 others in there eating, we waited 20mins for a starter to come out and it was cold waited

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I came here for a family meal and had the Philly Cheese Steak. While it was a nice meal, it was pretty basic and generic. I've had much more authentic Philly's at a similar price. It could probably do with trimming the menu down a bit and doing a better job on less items. Due to the open plan nature of the building it was hard to hear each other speak...the odd partition wall here and there would make a great difference. Service was pretty good.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant was very delightful. The ambience was very comforting and the service was as overwhelming. All ensured that we were provided with superior care.

The food was served hot and especially the chilli chicken hot wings were the preeminent. I never had such groovy chicken wings.

They also provide Gluten Food Menu as well as very good Vegetarian Food…A must visit if you are going to Banbury…

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I couldn't believe how hygienic this place is. I can honestly use the word 'impeccable' to describe this place. The food was next to none, hats off to the chef.