“Don't waste your time”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Well we decided to call in at Frankie & Benny's on a Sunday morning for breakfast, after waiting for 5 mins to be seated we were told by the rather grumpy waiter he would be back in a moment to take our order. Our table was near to the kitchen so I was looking around the room and it seemed as if lots of people were waiting for food, the food in fact was waiting on the counter and no one was taking it to the customers. After talking to each other for a while we realised that at least 10-15 mins had passed and we had not been asked for a drink order. I tried to flag down a waiter in fact 4 walked passed us and I was ignored so we decided to leave. Upon our exit it looked as if all of the staff were chatting and laughing around the bar area and were not concerned that customers were waiting for food and orders to be taken so if you are thinkinh of going here don't waste your time go somewhere else!!

Banbury, United Kingdom
“great for kids”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

there is a great variety of food available and the staff are great with kids will gladly return again

Visited March 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Never Again”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant some time ago and unfortunately I cant say that the service has gotten any better, in fact it has got worse.

We decided at half 6 on a sunday that we wanted to eat out for dinner and as this is our nearest Frankie and benny's we thought we would give it another try, knowing that it was coming up to a busy time I telephoned ahead to check there would be a table. I was told that it wasn't that busy but they'd put a couple of menus on a table to keep it just in case.

We drove over to Banbury (about twenty minutes away at most) and were greeted by a man (the manager) rushing around front of house. I explained I had telephoned and his response was, you know there is over an hour wait for food? I cant believe that this wait had developed in the short time it had taken us to arrive, a bit annoyed at this point, we were shown to a booth and ordered drinks.

15 minutes later our waiter came to take our order and we hadn't received our drinks, about 5 minutes later they arrived. however they were incorrect and had to be sent back.

We ordered our food and waited. The food is probably the only thing that has improved in this restaurant it arrived hot and tasty at the table.

However the restaurant itself was dirty with napkins all over the sticky floor, tables propped up with folded napkins, light fittings hanging from the ceiling and filthy toilets.

When we had finished our mains we asked for the bill from our waiter, 10 minutes later we were still waiting, I looked over and saw our waiter working behind the bar so decided to go and ask the manager for the bill this was met with complete disinterest and when taking my payment he didn't even ask how our visit was. Although im actually glad he didn't as when another customer complained he was obviously discussing the poor woman with another member of staff.

We ordered from the specials menu so it was £10.95 for two courses, not bad value but wouldn't pay full price for the service you get.

I don't think we'll give this place a 3rd chance and will stick to the Northampton branch which is superior in every way.

“Awful. Never again”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Rude staff food and tissues all over the floor. Food wasn't too bad this time. Heard several other people complaining whilst there seems very hit or miss

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Birthday, but can't say treat”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Maybe because it was mid-week, the place had no atmosphere, in fact it was chilly. The staff were not too bothered if we were there or not. The food was only OK, yet the price is fairly high. Won't go back in a hurry.

Visited November 2012