“Service...What service.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Service...What service.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Only visited this place once. I won't be back! Terrible service... Kept waiting for very long... Lots of staff and no attempt made to serve. I believe this kind of service is the worst when it isn't that busy and there are lots of staff just standing around chatting. We came to eat for lunch and ended up losing half the afternoon and the food was overcooked.

• Visited May 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing this time”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times on weekdays and had a really good meal. What a disappointment on Sunday, March 24th. Visiting family in Banbury we decided to take them all out for lunch On arrival there was no-one to greet us and we waited without any acknowledgement for so long that we went to seat ourselves at which point someone seemed to finally notice we had arrived. No excuses for this indifference as the place was nearly empty with one/two staff lethargically tidying tables. On looking at the menu we were put out to see that the meals we had previously enjoyed during the week were much pricier on a Sunday. eg. from £5.95 to £9.95 - a total rip-off. The portions served were no different in size to weekday meals and in fact the serving of cheese for the baked potato ordered was downright stingy. Although we have enjoyed food here in the past, this experience has put us off going again at any time of the week.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“good food, slow service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food when it arrived was pretty good. I had the spicy chicken wings for a starter and a calzone for a main. The problem was that service was slow. We finished our drinks and then struggled to get another round in while we waited a long time for our mains. Our waiter was very polite and friendly, but did not visit us often enough. The burgers smell and look great. I think you can expect that the food is relatively standard across the chain of Frankie and Benny's, and this branch just lets itslef down with the slow service.

• Visited February 2013
Paris, France
“The worst service levels in Banbury, Oxfordshire, possibly the world”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited Frankie and Bennies in Banbury on a Sunday evening with my family, we waited by the reception desk to be seated for 19mins, eventually I attracted the attention from the vacant looking waitress, to be told our service is a bit slow today and we will be able to serve you in about 45 mins (the restaurant was half empty) we left and I e-mailed their head office and received an automated e-mail instructing me i will receive a response in 10 days, sure enough 10 days later I received a response saying "thank you for your feedback".........priceless! If I were starving and all other restaurants were closed and Frankie and Bennies were offering free food I wouldn't eat in Banbury!! Eat anywhere but there!!!!

Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Local restaurant good food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We live close and have visited frequently.the food is reasonable to good as is service.It really depends how busy the restaurant is and who's cooking . I've had a real mixture of experience here none has been bad just acceptable to good. The cost is what I'd expect for an average family meal out but drinks can add considerably to the bill. Food is always hot and arrives together occasionally sides may arrive a bit later. I would recommend if you like this type of food.

• Visited December 2012