“The worst service levels in Banbury, Oxfordshire, possibly the world”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #145 of 191 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris, France
“The worst service levels in Banbury, Oxfordshire, possibly the world”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited Frankie and Bennies in Banbury on a Sunday evening with my family, we waited by the reception desk to be seated for 19mins, eventually I attracted the attention from the vacant looking waitress, to be told our service is a bit slow today and we will be able to serve you in about 45 mins (the restaurant was half empty) we left and I e-mailed their head office and received an automated e-mail instructing me i will receive a response in 10 days, sure enough 10 days later I received a response saying "thank you for your feedback".........priceless! If I were starving and all other restaurants were closed and Frankie and Bennies were offering free food I wouldn't eat in Banbury!! Eat anywhere but there!!!!

Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Local restaurant good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We live close and have visited frequently.the food is reasonable to good as is service.It really depends how busy the restaurant is and who's cooking . I've had a real mixture of experience here none has been bad just acceptable to good. The cost is what I'd expect for an average family meal out but drinks can add considerably to the bill. Food is always hot and arrives together occasionally sides may arrive a bit later. I would recommend if you like this type of food.

• Visited December 2012
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“happy kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

great place to take the kids ,very kid friendly.food good but abit over priced.staff friendly and love the santas grotto set up @ the moment for x-mas.great for breakfast as good price and good menu.
overall very good and lets face it ,if the kids are happy it makes the whole experience more enjoyable

• Visited November 2012
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“too many kids, too much noise, nasty food.......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This seems to act as an overflow location when the Toby carvery next door is full. It's not good at all. The food was really poor - for example the pasta was waterlogged and slimy. I would have preferred smaller portions of better quality food rather than the huge amounts of rubbish served to us. The ladies toilets were in a right mess. And as a couple there were simply too many kids running around. As you can probably guess we won't be rushing back here......

Visited September 2012
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gave it another try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

After writing my last review I contacted F&B to complain, they sent us a discount voucher and asked us to try it again, we went a few weeks ago on a Saturday night and had a good meal, we did not tell anoyone we had a voucher until the end so there would be no special treatment. The restaurant was not very busy (aprox 8pm) and our food came promptly, cooked well and tasty. I was quite anti going back but in fairness I have to say that it was a good experience, we ate starters and mains and had a nice time.

Overall, this time round I would have to say its a good place to go, however I would still take the extra time and travel to High Wycombe if the option was presented at the time

• Visited September 2012