“Great Food and Staff”

Ranked #56 of 196 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bar & Restaurant
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our first visit to Banbury and on our first night we dined here as it was right next to our hotel. The food was excellent coudn't fault a thing and the staff were very polite. We even went back the next night, but only for drinks, we tried a few of the cocktails which were very nice.
I would recommend anyone visiting Banbury to dine here, the food, atmosphere and staff make it a really nice place to relax as a couple or a big group.

1  Thank 2012RAW

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had my 21st birthday party here with my family, in the bottom restaurant. It was so nice, they set all the tables up how i wanted them, my mum did personalise it tho. The food was amazing. we all had the 3 course set menu. The cocktails and the shots were amazing to.
We all had a brilliant time .

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Dined here last Saturday.

I love the atmosphere and decor, even when the bar area is bustling, the dining area is secluded and romantic.

The main menu is a bit basic, normal grill food burgers ect... Not really a le carte
So we both chose from the fixed price menu £15.50 for 3 courses.

Soup was LUSH tomato and basil my fave, would have been better if the bread was warm :-)
I had salmon again, SOO yummy and i don't even like fish.
My partner had steak which was excellent quality and perfectly cooked. He wanted pepper corn sauce which they bought out quick. I ate some of his tomato as it was enormous (see pic)

This time i didn't have the lemon tart but i did try my partners and it tasted a bit old.
I had the cheese board which needs a bit of work. I was given a huge plate of cheese and crackers (I HATE CRACKERS).

I would have preferred a small selection of cheese, some chutney and a couple of slices of crusty bread mayb some grapes.

Service was great and even earned a tip, which is rare from me.

**Needs work**

Cheese board/pudding menu on the set price menu

Create a new menu

2  Thank Millybob
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had a lovely meal at a very reasonable price, two courses £12.50. Risotto starter and Salmon for mains both excellent, husband had steak, cooked to perfection. Staff very attentive and helpful.
The decor as an ex-church was most unusual, and a great display of bottles nicely lit behind the bar. Good service, food, price and atmosphere, recommend for a great meal in Banbury.

1  Thank Emjay7
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a girls night out here , 10 of us and did book a table . Most of us chose the fixed price menu at £12.50 for 2 courses and £15.50 for 3 courses. Nice sized portions hot and not one person complained. The mushroom risotto starter was lovely hot and well cooked . A nice range of cocktails to end the evening . Didn't try the puds but those that did complimented the manager. Good service at a good price.

1  Thank Lin K