“Ok for lunch, plenty to eat”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #122 of 196 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lunch time meal. You know what to expect here so no surprises. 4 meats to choose from and as much veg as you want. Bit of queuing but not bad. Returned to table with hot food so all good there. As always in these places the service was awful, quite simply not enough staff, they were pleasant and polite but not enough for the size of restaurant. Overall good value hot meal if you are not in too much of a rush.

There are newer reviews for Toby Carvery

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Not what I expected after reading some of the reviews here. Service was very bad - too slow, and catching the attention of the waitress was a true war. Waited over 35 minutes for a pre-made tomato soup as appetizer - who knows what happened, but the waitress felt it was normal. Food was poor - nothing special, typical fast food stuff. Can't say much about the atmosphere - the other people eating there had an average age of 80, so at least it was very calm and quiet.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We got here about 7pm on a Friday night and was told there there would be a 25-30 minute wait, which we didn't mind as we was not in a rush. We went to the bar and was served by a very charming lad, Dan who despite being very busy was quick and efficient and was very friendly. After 25 minutes we were buzzed and taken to our table, we then went and joined the massive queue at the carvery after being in the queue for about 5 minutes we noticed that there were no Yorkshire puddings. So we asked and was told that they would be ready in about 15-20 minutes and if they was not ready by the time we had been served they would bring them over to the table as soon as they was cooked. So we stayed in the queue after another 10 minutes they ran out of Turkey the carver went into the kitchen and was gone for at least five minutes at this point there must have been 20/25 people in the queue. We stayed in the queue for a few more minute's in the hope they would bring out another Turkey or at least tell us what they were doing and again it was left for us to ask a member of staff and we was told that another one was being cooked but it would be at least 45 minute's. This was the point where we decided after all the waiting around we was not willing to wait another 45 minute's or even longer so we left. I know this Toby has just been refurbished not sure if they changed the staff and management too but this has to be one of my worst visit to any Toby, the fact they did not tell us anything annoyed me just as much as the fact they had run out of things. Overall I'm in no rush to go back to this Toby and for anyone who want's a quick roast I would stay clear of this place.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

If anybody leaves there having not eaten enough food, that is there fault. Four different meats and six different veggies to choose from, it's not worth cooking at home for two people
The staff are friendly and very helpful and since the refurb the ambiance has been improved to make the visit more relaxing and enjoyable
I would not hesitate in recommending the Toby for a value for money meal

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Not my first choice for dining usually, but a late finish conspired to leave me needing something close to the hotel.
I have to say that all the Turkey and Beef that I chose was very nice. So I was pleasantly surprised.