“Good stop off from M40”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Literally 1 min off Junction 11 in the Banbury direction is a hotel, Frank and Bennie and Toby Cavery. Ideal for pint and pub meal. Fairly basic pub, clean and food menu quite acceptable. Beer was very good with real ale option. Seems an ideal stop over with the hotel next door and a decent meal for your travels. Can sit outside and watch the cricket (just about).

Reviewed May 10, 2013

the waiting staff made you feel welcome but it went down hill from then on... was made to wait 5 minutes for a chef to come and carve when there was no one else in the queue and as we had a disabled person with us I got there meal first and went to get mine, was made to wait again even though I was the only one there... once I got my meal I found the roast spud where cold so I went to the staff at the service station which included the chef chatting and asked if it would be possible to have some hot roasted spuds as mine where cold.. to which I heard the chef calling me a liar by saying the spud are hot.. the waitering staff knew I heard this as I said that the chef should come and try them.. granted they did replace them... after I asked

Reviewed May 10, 2013

En route to do some shopping we decided to have a meal at the Toby.

We have eaten here plenty of times before for normal carvery and always like the idea of eat as much as you like for breakie.

It is serve yourself, even the tea and coffee and toaster are yours to use. The toaster did not really toast the bread, more like warm bread!

Food was good standard, nothing amazing but at £3.99 its very good value!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived as a group of 7 and spent almost 5 minutes attempting to order drinks which wouldn't have been a problem if it was busy but there we no more than 20 people in the whole bar and we were the only waiting to be served.
When it came to eating our food was dry from the carvery and the roastotatoes were past their best, the stuffing was practically just a dry leftover but the Yorkshire puddings were good.
Certainly not one to return to.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ate here on a Monday lunchtime , excellent value carvery at £6.29 with a choice of 4 meats and big choice of veg and potatoes. Unlimited refills on soft drinks is another plus. Good attentive friendly staff and plentiful free parking. Nice restaurant and good value for money.

1  Thank oufclad