“Buon appetito!”

Pizza Calzone
Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy sumptuous, authentic Italian cuisine for lunches and evening meals. Relax in an inviting and contemporary restaurant, looked after by our friendly and welcoming staff. Call today to make your reservation or to order your 'take away' Parties or private functions are always welcome at the Pizza Calzone Ristorante Pizzeria. Whatever the nature of your celebration, e.g. birthday, anniversary, office party, etc, we will be able to create a special atmosphere for your guests. (Christenings can be held in the Sundays when the restaurant can be booked exclusively for your guests.)
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I ate at San Carlo on the evening of Saturday 12 July with a friend. We sat outside because the weather was warm, but also because there was quite loud music playing inside, which is a complete turn-off, as far as I am concerned. That means that if I were to visit Banbury again in the winter, much as I enjoyed everything else, I probably wouldn't return there unless they had done away with the music. The service was average and very friendly. Towards the end of the meal we were offered a dessert on the house because they thought they had not been attentive enough, which seemed a nice touch. What I really appreciated were the very generous sizes of the mains and salads - unusual in most restaurants, I find. I had a vegetarian pasta dish, which was delicious. My friend's vegetarian calzone looked very nice, too, and I believe she was happy with it. The side salads were almost the size of a main dish. The desserts didn't quite live up to the quality of the mains, but they were okay. Were I to visit again, I might try a starter and skip dessert. The prices were very reasonable. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others, as long as you don't mind music when you are sitting inside.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The restaurant is very welcoming and warm, the hosts all smiled said hello and offered us the choice of whereabouts we would like to seat. When we arrived (around 8pm) it was quiet and then by 8.30pm was very busy with at least 3 large parties. The shape is a long rectangular design and the acoustics are quiet bad, there is no privacy and with the large parties you couldn't hold a simple conversation which was very disappointing. The stater portions are massive, but very yummy! If you are not starving it may be best to share these as they serve very generous portions. I wasn't impressed with the main, it was okay and presented beautifully but there was just no flavour to it at all (I had the risotto). There is so much to choose from on the menu though you are bound to find something to please everyone! At the end when our bill came we got a complimentary tiramasu which after speaking to the server is completely homemade.. to be honest that was the best part of the meal! It was beautiful, because of that I would be willing to visit again to give it a second chance.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in Banbury for a visit to Stratford-upon-Avon and our Guest House was a 15 minuet walk to this "brilliant" restaurant. It was a Sunday evening and was very quiet, but the staff were very very friendly, and shook hands with us, coming in and going out. It was not quiet after about 15 minuet's it got very very busy!!

We had a pasta meal, which was huge, and very very tasty!!
It must of been a popular restaurant as a party of twelve turned up, all Italian and the staff were very happy to see them!!

We would recommend this restaurant with no hesitation. it was LOVELY!!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Lovely authentic Italian food and great service. I have eaten in San Carlo a few times and the standard is very high. The calamari, risotto and pizzas are to die for. Staff are all friendly and you usually get a limoncello at the end, Mmmmmmmmm!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

What should have been an enjoyable Father's Day meal turned out to be a real disappointment by the over salted dishes that were served. Shame.