“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jay Pur

Jay Pur
Ranked #28 of 191 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Molde
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Standard fare for Indian food. I had the Tandoori Delux. Lovely tasting & reasonably priced. Service to the table and greeting was very polite. It was a Wednesday night and latish so not many people were out nor in this restaurant so the atmosphere was a bit quiet. That suited me because I like a bit of piece and quiet whilst I eat! I have eaten here several times & I have never been disappointed.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Corsham, England, United Kingdom
“Cracking Indian Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had a cracking meals in probaly the best Indian Restaurant I have ever been in
The food was excellent and the naan bread was huge ,lovely big portions of the main meal as well .service was excellent ,only fault though I shan't down mark it was the lager was not cold i think the glasses just came out of the dishwasher so more care in future please .

• Visited August 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Reliable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped briefly in Banbury and fancied a curry, chose this place from Trip Advisor reviews. Can't say if it's the best curry in Banbury or not as this was the only place we tried - but it is good honest food from the Indian sub-continent. Nothing fancy, just well cooked dishes - large portions. Agree with other reviewers it is a very clean restaurant, service good and very good value for money. Would visit again.

• Visited July 2013
“Superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were travelling through Banbury by narrow boat and wanted to eat out. Reviews on trip advisor were good so we decided to give Jay Pur a go. We were not disappointed. It was busy and we had not booked so the only table available was small and close to the door. However, they moved us to a better table that was soon free. Food was excellent and good value. Waiter friendly and informative. The icing on the cake was a free shot of whiskey and a free shot of Baileys at the end. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Banbury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Since moving from Banbury some time ago, we regularly go back to see family who still live in the area.

When we do it inevitably ends up with a trip to the Jaypur at the end of a long day as it's the takeaway of choice for most of the family.

I would guesstimate we've visited the Jaypur well over 100 times in the last 10 years, and whether we eat in or take out the food is always exceptional, in fact I can't remember a bad meal there. As we tend to turn up at the same time to collect our take away there are regular customers who we also see week after week which underpins that the regulars just keep coming back which somewhat validates our view.

One year I decided to try a different meal from the menu every time (as I had a tendency to have the same meal regularly), even then I didn't have a bad meal so if you suffer the same affliction give it a try!

I was speaking to 'Boss man' (our name for the owner!) at the Jaypur this weekend, and the family will soon be opening a new restaurant up near Birmingham, my only regret is it's not down on the M4 corridor near us! A genuinely good takeaway with fair prices and very personable staff.

Favourite dishes: Chicken Chat, Chicken Tikka Balti, Chicken Madras
Delivery free within 3 mile radius (Over £10 order)

• Visited May 2013