“Superb service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were travelling through Banbury by narrow boat and wanted to eat out. Reviews on trip advisor were good so we decided to give Jay Pur a go. We were not disappointed. It was busy and we had not booked so the only table available was small and close to the door. However, they moved us to a better table that was soon free. Food was excellent and good value. Waiter friendly and informative. The icing on the cake was a free shot of whiskey and a free shot of Baileys at the end. We would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Since moving from Banbury some time ago, we regularly go back to see family who still live in the area.

When we do it inevitably ends up with a trip to the Jaypur at the end of a long day as it's the takeaway of choice for most of the family.

I would guesstimate we've visited the Jaypur well over 100 times in the last 10 years, and whether we eat in or take out the food is always exceptional, in fact I can't remember a bad meal there. As we tend to turn up at the same time to collect our take away there are regular customers who we also see week after week which underpins that the regulars just keep coming back which somewhat validates our view.

One year I decided to try a different meal from the menu every time (as I had a tendency to have the same meal regularly), even then I didn't have a bad meal so if you suffer the same affliction give it a try!

I was speaking to 'Boss man' (our name for the owner!) at the Jaypur this weekend, and the family will soon be opening a new restaurant up near Birmingham, my only regret is it's not down on the M4 corridor near us! A genuinely good takeaway with fair prices and very personable staff.

Favourite dishes: Chicken Chat, Chicken Tikka Balti, Chicken Madras
Delivery free within 3 mile radius (Over £10 order)

1  Thank Warren_Cox
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the best Indian Restaurant in Banbury. You consistently get super, first-class service. A visit to Jaypur will get you linen table-cloth, fresh flowers, polite and perfectly attentive waiters, hot cloths, orange wedges, complimentary drinks, complimentary chocolate after the meal. The food is very tasty with generous portions. Poppadoms come well presented with a great choice of dips. The meals can be prepared as hot, or as mild as you request.

I love Indian food but I keep coming back to this restaurant. The staff are second-to-none. The most amazing thing about all this is that for this super service you will pay less money than a take-out Pizza! Unbeatable value for money. It feels like coming home every time I go in. Don't ever change Jaypur!

1  Thank MelanieTheFirst
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Service fantastic as always! Gorgeous food - far too much and can never eat it all but a lush doggy bag to take home. Highly recommend this restaurant for a brilliant meal.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice food but the usual failing of Indian restaurants that the staff do not listen to the customers and try and palm you off with too much food. It makes you wonder why as there are so many poor people in the Indian sub-continent yet they are trying to get us westerners to stuff our faces.

1  Thank ECEB