“Flavour Forward Food”
Review of The Inn at Farnborough - CLOSED

The Inn at Farnborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fiercely Independent Country Pub and Restaurant serving outstanding produce that we do not mess around with, Simple and delicious. Our service is great, friendly and laid back. But first a warning to you fine people, please think very hard before coming to Le Inn.......We would love to see you but we have a few rules you need to consider first. You see Le Inn is not for everyone and that is just fine by us, only the very select few are aloud to become members of The Inn Crowd, it is a privilege and we do not give away membership lightly or on a whim, you as a guest have to play your part and earn your stripes. When you come to Le Inn remember you are coming to join our little club and we do things how we do them because that is how we like it, its our place and that's just how we like it, we ain't coming to your house Hombre! Lay back, relax, smile and enjoy the ride. So Mou Cha Cha,if you moan and whinge and have a face that looks like it has been slapped by last weeks Haddock, please take your money somewhere else, we don't want it....ciao!
Vancouver, Canada
“Flavour Forward Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Inventive flavours, charming setting, friendly service. Tucked away in the teeny tiny village (street!) of Farnborough is this little gem of a restaurant. It is an adventure just getting to this delightful location...and the food makes it worth the drive. Creative approach with traditional ingredients - the husband enjoyed char grilled chicken served with quinoa and burgher wheat seasoned with Harissa, pomegranate seeds...very spicy...I enjoyed a hearty chicken curry with luscious chunks of chicken and tomatoes. Super yummy.

Visited July 2013

Birmingham
“Exquisite”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came here expecting a fairly standard country pub sort of thing, what we found was so much better. The food was fabulous, each course was a delight to eat and the quality of the ingredients came through in every mouth-watering bite. There was a good range of dishes with some interesting items on the menu, but nothing ridiculously overcomplicated, we all loved it. They clearly care about serving good quality food here.
The service was also excellent and small changes to the orders were accommodated without any issues, a mistake on the bill was corrected without a fuss.
The only tiny chink in the armor was that would have liked a few more dessert options, but I say that with the caveat that I loved every bit of the one had.
We will definitely be coming back again.

Great Bowden, United Kingdom
“Worth a two-mile walk!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We walked a couple of miles across fields from the campsite we were staying at to get here...and were glad we did. Attractive garden, good ales, friendly service and good food. We ate outside, as did most other customers as the weather was so good, but inside looked cosy and comfortable. By 6.30pm the garden was full. My wife's pea, mint and ricotta torte was light and full of flavour (she said). I had 'The Inn's fabulous chicken curry' which was equally good. Menu is interesting and a bit different, and supplemented by a specials menu which looked good too. We try and pair campsites with good places to eat... looks like we've found another one! We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
“Overall a little disappointed”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Chose the Inn at Farnborough because of its fantastic reviews, but was left feeling disappointed.
To start, my friend ordered the bisque which she said was brilliant but the starter I received wasn't the one I ordered.
The steak I had for mains was perfectly cooked and the lamb my friend ordered was good too. Although there was no check back on our mains and I was trying to get the waitress' attention for at least 15 minutes just to order another drink.
However for dessert I thought the menu was misleading, describing a brownie with strawberries and a white chocolate sauce, but when it came out there was just a small amount of chocolate sauce swirled around the plate and no strawberries. The main issue was that the brownie was full of nuts and if I knew this I wouldn't have ordered the brownie.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A gem of a country pub!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great place, fantastic food and fab atmosphere - what more can you say?!

Be warned though, this place is quite small and always busy, if you have a large table book in advance :)

• Visited June 2013